Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey chaps,

I have just got a decat pipe for my 32 gts, it has a hole to put my o2 sensor in, is this wise? will the lack of a Cat fook my o2 sensor or cause ecu problems???
oh, and just while im posting, where is the ECU on my car as i wanna take it to get chipped...

Cheers in advance tech guru's :apint:

Whisp

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
If your decat has the plug for the EGT sensor then fire it in. Providing you can remove it from your old exhaust, they tend to weld themselves in pretty tight!

Your ecu is behind a plastic cover where the passengers left foot would normally be. How and where are you taking it to be chipped? Any setup that can be done with the ECU removed from the car is likely to be poor at best.

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Yeah, while it was on the car though Chief? I thought he was saying he wanted to remove the ECU to have it chipped?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw an ad for a chip company online, 70 quid for the chip, says u need to take the ecu to a tuning shop and get a 28 pin socket soldered on to my ecu, then have the chip installed. the guy has huge positive feedback, he says the chip will remove the speed limiter, fuel and boost cut and should allow upto 280 bhp...

what do u guys think?

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
i saw an ad for a chip company online, 70 quid for the chip, says u need to take the ecu to a tuning shop and get a 28 pin socket soldered on to my ecu, then have the chip installed. the guy has huge positive feedback, he says the chip will remove the speed limiter, fuel and boost cut and should allow upto 280 bhp...

what do u guys think?

I'd say stay away. You have no idea what it is doing to the setup of your car. Suppose you could get on a dyno as soon as it's installed to find out but not something i would be spending my money on.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Wouldn't risk it mate! Simply too cheap keeping in mind that you usualy get what you pay for. Also I would never let someone map my car without having it on the Dyno!!! Save some money, get yourself a decent ECU and talk to people who kno their stuff, i.e. RSP.

·
R33 GTS-T Mad!
41 Posts
I personally wouldnt go near it, your car needs to be mapped live to ensure the parameters are suited to your car!! These cheap chips are copied from a car being maped which will have different parts on it like airfilters etc and the fueling could be very different as compared to your car! Dont risk it, always get yours mapped live to your car.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Why oh why do people want to cheapy chip there pride and joy... Do things properly i say...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts