Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have found a solution to my very loud "silent" power exhaust, I got in touch with some very nice people at a place called custom performance near market rasen in lincolnshire (www.customperformance.co.uk) They came up with the idea of replacing the cat with a custom made silencer to cut down on some of the noise, and it worked a treat! I now have more power and the noise levels are much lower! They made the silencer up from scratch and it even comes with a lifetime warranty, it looks a lot better than the photo i took with my phone!. They also made me a bung for the tailpipe just in case I need it for any strict trackdays.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
how much did that cost?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mines a daily driver and I do 60miles every day on the motorway so the noise was getting very annoying! But much better now and still sounds good when you give it some beans!

It cost £140 for the silencer, probably not that cheap but its a quality job and you cant grumble with a lifetime waranty. Plus it sorted my problem! :D

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Why the hell is your HKS Hi Power Silent so loud and mine isn´t? Are we really using the same exhaust? Mine has a nice sound and is very deep, also droney in the midrange, but I wouldn´t call it loud in any way.:crazy:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe because mines a GTR? not sure really but it was the drone that was the worst part! With the mileage I do it was getting very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Ok, if you meant the drone by "loud" then I´m with you. But except of this it isn´t loud in any way. While idling you almost can´t hear it...:werd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts