Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, im considering getting an R33 GTR i know ive been advised to keep my GTT but well, i have to admit its AppleJacks fault for having such a bloody loverly car and taking it to Billing where he knew id see it and fall in love:D .
So this is my dilema, ive heard they cost allot more to run and keep as they are supposed to be serviced every 3 months, (i do about 20K miles a year) plus all the extra things that could go wrong with them as they are at a higher state of tune, (standard). So i was thinking about maybe getting a GTR for the weekends and maybe buying sommit like an old 205 gti for day to day use and clock the mileage up on that???? i really need any advice anyone can give me about what they are like as a daily driver, ride quality expense to run etc to help me convince myself either way.:rolleyes:
P.S. is 17K about the price i should be paying for a decent import GTR???
why thankyou.
fourtoes
Please dont get me wrong i really love my GTT ive just have always wanted a GTR. always will:)

·
Old Member
814 Posts
If you can refrain from going loud on the right pedal whenever the oppertunity arises....... you're a better man than I am..... go for it and pay the price.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
GTR cost

My view on this is.. the GTR is not that expensive to run as such.. if you change the oil every 3k as I do, it cost a filter and oil if you do it yourself.. then as i do a tuner service every 6k ,cost of anywhere between 300 and 600 ( all fluids and plugs and a good going over to make sure all is well) ... the main cost of a GTR is the tuning not the keeping in you dont include insurance...

I like you only do about 10 -15k a year (miles that is) so far the GTR has cost me less to keep than the 17year old pug...

But when they do go wrong they can cost the earth to fix depoending on what the problems is, so make sure you get a good one in the first place..

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers AppleJack

I think the intention would be to really treat it as a luxury car that i keep tucked up in my garage, and bring out on nice days and weekends. so maybe try and keep the milage to say 6 or 7 thousand a year. maybe like the sort of use it would get in japan.
i hear the public transport is so good that cars are only used once in a while. i would sooooooo love you car mate.
:yum:

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Cost

Basilcaaly thats what I try to do, take today for example.. I had the choice.. nice hot dry day .. so I could take the R33 with the aircon or the tatty ol pug with keep fit windows... which did I take...?:D

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is your pug just like third party, give a sh*t insurance just to allow you to keep it on the road? cost much?
bet it really makes you appreciate the beast too.:devil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts