Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of deep dish alloy for my totaly standard r33 gtst, I like the chrome ones and the black ones with the chrome trim. I want wide wheels but dont want to have to change anything on the car to accomodate them, ie tracking, camber, arches e.t.c.
What should i be looking for to avoid having change anything on the car. The car is currently on 205/55/r16.
If anyone is selling something that suits, PM me.

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
theres people on here running 9.5" wide rims on a GTSt combined with lower than standard offset without hassle so you should be able to find rims with a nice lip in that range

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have 255 40's volks av3's on the back of my gtst, 235's front, no mods to the set up, but they are 17" ers and others do go bigger.
I like the chrome and black look too so I may go that way on my gtr as that's white. GTST is burgundy so it suits the shiny look

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels I have my eye on are deep dish, sizes as follows:-
Rim Width: 7.5j Front, 8.5j Rear
Rim Diameter: 17 inches
Offset: 42
Number of Studs: 5
Stud Diameter: 114
Will these go straight on or would I have to change anything.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on guy's help here, should these go straight on or will i have to adjust anything. theres conflicting threads.

·
Registered
834 Posts
7.5j fronts will look abit gay imo
i would go 9.5j all round and roll the front arches but if you want to be safe go for 8.5j fronts and 9.5j rear 17" will fit easy 18" will fit easy if ya dont want to go really low 19" will fit but you will have to mess about with the arches and more so if ya want to go low
i run 9.5j all round 275 19" rear 245 19" fronts plus wheel spacers so the stick out as much as poss
i will post a pic if ya interested

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi topo, ive no intention of lowering, and yes get those pics up,
cheers, you mention fitting spacers to push the wheels out as far as possible. Has this had any adverse efects, ie heavy steering, tyres scrubbing e.t.c.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hi topo, ive no intention of lowering, and yes get those pics up,
cheers, you mention fitting spacers to push the wheels out as far as possible. Has this had any adverse efects, ie heavy steering, tyres scrubbing e.t.c.
my wheels are really wide but i wanted them like that i wanted to get the jap drift look so when i fitted my wheels and the spacers i had to get hard coilovers as i was getting some scrubbing !
if you dont want to lower it i would say you could get away with 8.5j fronts 9.5j rears no probs imo

my wheels

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,042 Posts
bruup!
I got 275/35/19's! on mine with deep dish but yeah i had to do a lil work to get them on sweet.
What i ran b4 with absolute no problems whatsoever was 265/30/19.

Attachments

G

·
I've a set of 18" Ultralite WP784's,
which are 8" wide front(offset 38) and 9" on the rear(offset 35)
Tyres are 255/35 R,and 235/40 front respectivley.

The rears fill up the arches spot on,whilst the fronts,while still looking good,could do with 5 or 10mm further out,these do occasionally catch the arch liners on full lock.
You'll find different sizes/widths work for different owners,i find these are fine on my R33,no problems so far.

·
Registered
834 Posts
There nice rims topo, I bet your still payin for them.
not when you know the right people mate ! :drivin: they came into work on a smashed up rare veilside 350z ! lets just say they where cheap as chips ! :boobies:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got a set of 17" split rims yesterday from sarge, ive still to fit them, they could be doing with new front tyres, Ill fit fit the wheels once I source tyres, cheers for your help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts