Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are these that bad as i know the tips can fall off which is really bad.is this true

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I've only ever munched one set of HKS/Denso plugs but i've done 4 set's of NGK's.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the porblem is i have heard and seen denso plugs snap but i was wondering if was a bad batch or something but i don't think i will take the risk as i don't need a rebuild yet

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I wont use anything else but a HKS S40i

·
Registered
760 Posts
I use denso's in all my cars, rate them all the way, the hks ones are exactly the same but with hks written on them! Its not normally the plugs fault it lets go, normally badly set up car or wrong choice of plug temp!

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but if you have a look alot of skylines have los the denso tip in there engine and thats not cheap

·
Registered
760 Posts
Like i said, 9 / 10 times badly set up engine or the wrong type of plug fitted! There are certain types of plugs depending on the power the engine is running!

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
NGK`s all the way for me. The only Denso`s I run are in my lawnmower :)

I have had denso`s fail on me and have replaced them with NGK (same heatrange) and had no problems. For this reason I only use NGK and the only ones I have seen fail are when the wrong heatrange has been used.

Richard

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone have or know where there is a list of comparable plugs, I.e Denso Ik22= NGK what etc?

I've always used Denso's but I have had one failure, but I suspect it was a fuelling isue that might have caused it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Try this site for cross reference data etc..from NGK no less!

I would never use Denso again after a number of bad experiences, and all the comparisons were fair. On a number of cars and one motorcycle I've had Denso's fail, not necessarily catastrophic but ruddy inconvenient at best.

In all cases plugs were ABSOLUTELY correct for purpose and virtually new, the one in the motorcycle had less than 1 hour usage when it failed.

I still have some of the failed plugs if Denso would like to comment..in the case of the motorcycle plug it looks perfect but stopped firing. No problem there except I was halfway over a mountain in Spain at the time. Fortunately a local farmer removed the plug from an old moped and that got me home, though looking at that plug I didn't expect it to fire either!

I do not accept it's coincidence that several plugs which failed during the last few years were Denso's, none of the NGK's have failed in the same period, be they standard copper, Platignum or Iridium.

I cannot curse Denso enough for the agravation their plugs have caused me, and will continue to take every opportunity to tell anyone who'll listen how bad they have been for me.

Aitch

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
aitch as always your input is very much appreciated and infomative. so nice walk back home was it lol
ps no linkymate

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would coppers be ok in a stage one r33 gtst or does it have to be Iridium as i know lots of higher powered turbo cars running coppers and don't have problems so is this a skyline snobery or a must have to use Iridium?

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
I have had the tip fall off an NGK in my old 200sx,never had any problem with Denso,i use Denso now and have had no problem,i do think it is down to the wrong type being fitted

1 - 20 of 24 Posts