Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello just was after some advice about the restricter, am a bit confussed as to weather mine is on or not, the car is still in kph and i have had a top speen of 130 ish (mph on gps) out of it however once it goes over 100 it seems to slow right down, it flys 2 100mph then justs feels if the power is reduced any idea or is this right i thought if restricted they to not go over 112 mph. also i have a apexi fc unit does this make difference thanks all

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
If you got a real 130 then it's been derestricted as the standard on all jap cars is something around 112, so not sure why you are slowing down must be something else plus you would soon know the speed cut cutting in it's a bit of a shock!

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
if you have the apexi power fc ecu then this has derestricted your car

mine is still restricted and when going full throttle up till the limiter activates i cant say you really feel the restrictor "kicking in" it just gently stops accelerating further, imo it even feels like its not restricted and just cant go faster :werd:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank for the info people, sounds about right its not a horid lack of power not lke it suddenly comes on just as you say feels like its running out of power

convicned i need to clean up points on the air mass sensor as its a bit lumpy and told this can be a problem ill try that first before looks at the few other issues i have

1 - 4 of 4 Posts