Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was giving the car a bit of stick today and heard det :( so phoned up the local RR and got her on for a run to see what was going on. It seems to be running rich as you like and starting to knock at around 6krpm. Sucks ass.

Power is down to 284BHP and I'm in a generally pissed off mood. They say it's nothing to worry about really, and nothing that an ECU / map session wouldn't sort out. But god damn it I'm getting a bit tired of the constant expense of this ****ing car. Seriously considering getting her sorted out and then selling her and getting a diesel volvo. :Uzi:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
If you want to play you've gonna pay. Sorry to hear your having problems though.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
ERM yeah that would be rather immense and can see why you would consider selling. I've spent that on mine in 6months but thats upgrades so that was due to wanting too not having too.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
everything is fookin up on mine too stu

just aswell i've got a 5hit load of overtime coming up soon to waste on the repairs

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Blimey, i thought if it was audible when driving then thats very bad?

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Just looked at his printouts. It is a bit confusing, not that i know much about maps, curves and how they should look but it seems to run rich slowly decreasing up to 4500 then all of a sudden takes a nosedive to lean. It's still on the standard ECU, only other mods are full exhaust turbo back, decat, boost controller set up showing 0.86 on both runs and new splitfires put in the other day.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I am no expert but is your fuel pump OK ? or perhaps the fuel filter blocked slightly ?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
fuel supply at fault ie; pump or injectors ?

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
i really must learn to type faster..lol

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Had a new filter not long ago, i wondered about pump.

AFR

Torque seems a bit all over the place too?

Red is a previous run a few months back, yellow today.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Same thinking though fellow ;)

Maybe it dives then as the second stage boost comes in ??? and is starved of fuel ???

WE all must be mad spending what we do on 10yrs and over cars LOL :D

·
Peppered schlong
860 Posts
I wouldn't drive it till you get it sorted. I hade a similar problem, ended up with 3 very cracked pistons, wasn't till after a re-build when it was being mapped the fault was found, fuleus pumpus!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm not sure who's said what at this stage, but the fuel mixture is getting more and more rich as the engine speed climbs, not lean. It's getting a bit too rich for my liking past 5,000rpm or so, but running lean isn't a problem here. I was thinking fuel pump while reading this too, but having seen that graph, the fuel supply is certainly on the more-than-healthy side if anything.

Do you have boost pressure curves? Has a compression test been carried out yet? How much boost is it meant to be running over standard, and do you have any control over fuelling bar the stock ECU? Seeing it run that rich, I would suspect the ECU is expecting more boost at those engine speed/throttle positions, meaning there could potentially be a boost leak, or the boost controller isn't playing ball.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts