Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi quick idea , what about a detailing section ? We could post what works best to cleaned polish our cars and what works best with the paint...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me, nothing better than spending the weekend doing a bit of polishing.

·
rebuilding my r33 rb25det
335 Posts
id like some one to detail my car for free lol any offers but i think this is a good idea aswell can talk about products people have tried and tested

·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm starting doing detailing a bit and getting not bad at machine polishing now , plus I'm trying out lots and lots of polishes waxes and everything else ,would be good to have a section to show off some work ,and share some info

·
782 Posts
There's a detailing section on the 350z-uk forum and I learned a great deal from everyone discussing various methods and products. Plus before and after pics are great

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
I just wish it was better weather so it's worth spending time and effort detailing.
I fancy trying Clay Bar on my paint work.. anyone tried it?

·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've done a little bit of claying yeah ,not hard to do and no pressure needed just gentle rubbing and plenty of water ,makes a difference...

·
782 Posts
Most people suggest a lubricant with clay. I just use soapy water which does the same job at a fraction of the price

Once you've clayed it you won't be able to keep your hands off it lol

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Wash with a good wax free shampoo. Then clay while wet. Then wash again, Dry with Micro fiber or similar , polish then Wax. Cut windows with window polish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right lots of people with lots of ideas and that know how , we need a detailing section please !!!!! :D

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Thanks for the tips guy's. I'm going to go and get a good make of Clay and know that I am totaly wasting my time because it will pisss it down and the gritters will be out again very soon.
At least I'll be able to stand back and admire it before I drive it again lol

My work mates used to take the piss out of me because I was always polishing my bikes, they used to say that they could small my bike coming..

It's a good idea to have a detailing thread. Post up plenty of pictures of your handy work when recomending a product or method and maybe if you know where to get a good price on something then spread the word:)

·
3,402 Posts
^^^ i don't think there is any real need too go out buying expensive clay as it "seems" to be a waste of money. Cheap Chinese (auto magic) clay or Bilt Hamber clay is supposed too be good,

I also read that artists moulding clay is good too but unsure how true that is :)

·
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yip argeed I've got cheap 3m stuff that was on eBay I think about £2 a bar ,and it's a tryed and tested clay bar that a lot of the detailing world people use....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts