Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, maybe able to get hold of Diamondbrite Paint sealant, this costs over £150 to have done at a Car valeter. comes in 2 stages and is fairly straight forward to put on. the guy can sell it for £35. It can't be bought unless you are a registered car Valeter. If interested let me know.

Paul.

P.S Still waiting on the 'other' sealant.

·
Registered
57 Posts
be careful Paul!!

a lot of these " mates f a mate of a mate" who can get this stuff cheap (£35) are actually diluting the stuff!! Unless you physically watch him break the seal and give you it or it comes within a sealed package i would steer clear.
this is the reason that a lot of people dont get the results that i got then blame the product etc..........there are heaps of people on the web selling it at these sorts of prices and like i say....it isn`t 100% diamondbrite compounds.
Just to warn you,

Jason

·
Registered
775 Posts
I concurr

Jason, you are so right !!! I know of a simalar "scam" WATCH OUT !!! If it suppose to cost £150-00 for the stuff, then that is the price to have it "professionally applied and not just a quick botch job:aka47:

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doubt

Jason,
I can understand your feelings, I am a bit dubious myself, but will give an honest reply when I have tried it, this is why I have not yet let anyone know yet of the price and availability.

Thanks for your words of advice.

Paul.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try and see what happens.....

Paul.
Dont be too disappointed if it doesn`t work out!! If you look on the GTR.co.uk members gallery section, you will see my car after is was done professionally and remember, thats 12/13 yr old paint!!! The main pointer to see what sort of stuff you have been given will be mainly in the texture of the car afterwards. I used to think the autoglym red followed by gold would leave a car smooth but wait till you get this stuff on!!! Seriously, the bodywork has got less resistence and `grip` to touch than the glass on the car!!
Good luck,

Jas

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sealant

Should get the stuff on Monday, I am assured by the guy selling this that it's the genuine stuff. He has confirmed that it comes in 2 sealed containers and has a limited shelf life. He will give me my money back if I am not satisfied.

Watch this space.

Paul.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Paul the kit should have 4 containers in it. Primer(1), Sealent(2), Replenisher and interior guard.

Do NOT be tempted to apply it to your car straight away. The paint work WILL need preperation to remove any existing scatches and swirls in the paint to get the best results. You will need some fine finishing compound to do this, which the valeter should be able to supply to you and show you how to use it.

Take your time to do it properly and the results are very good as Jason will agree. Allow at least 5 hours to do the hole job.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Diamondbrite

All,
I have tried this stuff and have had excellent results. No word of a lie I was amazed of the results. I have 5 packs left if anyone is interested. price is £40 and will do 2 cars easily. If I had a digital camera I would have loved to show you the results.

Paul.

·
Registered
161 Posts
How does it work Paul, clean the car put this stuff and then put something else on? Sorry to sound a dumb ass but been following this one on here and on GTR BB.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sealant

Rich,
You are close enough. I gues wash and dry the car first, then put on stage 1 in a side to side motion. leave this on for 15 minutes minimum, then swipe stage 2 over the top. then leave to dry and wipe off witha dry sodt clth, you will be amazed with the results, I was sceptical when I first stated, but it really amazed me. It took around 3-4 hours total doing it properly.

Hope this answers your questions.

Paul.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts