Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove home from work today, and within minutes had this looking back at me.
:uhoh:
Pulled over, did the usual IT thing of turning it off then on again, after 3rd restart it went. Drove about 2 miles and it kicked in again!

After final restart it went, didnt come on for rest of 6 mile journey.:werd:

Is this a bad thing or an apocolyptic sign of things to come?

WOULD LOVE SOME FEEDBACK/ADVICE.

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
If its only the sensor it shouldnt be too bad as you can have that replaced. You would really have to do a diagnostic to find out for sure as there can be other reasons for the MIL light to come on, some serious and some not so serious.

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
do a ecu re-set bud.....make sure the wheels are straight, disconnect the battery, turn on lights to drain all power, wait a couple of mins.....re-connect and take for a 20 min drive, spirited at times it will re-set all fuelling etc.....

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Big Chief,

Remember your talking to an absolute numpty, I'm guessing that id have to sort out my alarm first.

Theres me forking out for a nice shiny Carbon Fibre engine cover at lunch too!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Balloo2u im at work at the garage on sat if your problems persist give me a pm and well hook it up to the diagnostics to see wots going on free of charge of course not too far from you in surrey straight down M25:drivin:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Take it to someone who knows, call Garage-D and they can diagnose it for you. No amount of ecu reset bullshit is going to fix any problem.

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will attempt the reset at lunch and will post the results.

Oh by the way, Just recieved the CF engine cover from Rising Sun.

Two things:

Awesome bit of kit. Shiny Shiny.

Fast delivery would be an understatement!!!

More than happy.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
"No amount of ecu reset bullshit is going to fix any problem."

I've had some weird random lights like that come up before which have cleared after a reset, same with a mate who has the same car. I think the on board computer can bea bit sensitive at times. Then again it could be a problem that needs sorting so yeah, as the guys say get some one to read the ECUs for fault codes :)

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have just disconnected the Battery.

Took her out for a "Spitited" run, about 20mins or so.

No more lights but will have a spin again tonight to see how long that lasts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts