Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this shop get it wrong??

Went to buy some oil from the local car shop for my R33 gtst spec 2, told him to look the car up so I didn't get it wrong as I don't have a clue what I should put in it, watched him look in a book then tell me the oil to buy

Ended up with 10/30

Now after reading on this forum about oils I see that no one has used anything like this, and after running the car for a week the engine has started to make a kind of cam ticking noise :wtf:

Has this shop made a balls up and I have put the complete wrong oil in??

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Bloody hell mate, take that **** out and put some 15/50 in it - something like Motul or Silkolene. Do it now.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
you havent said whose 10 - 30 it is and wether its synthetic or just old chip fat, if it is a good quality oil it would be ok although as you havent stated it i'd imagine its going to be shite

my first choice I use 15 - 50 Motul 300v

Pope

·
Shuffle up and deal
2,719 Posts
Oilman isn't one man - but several. It's the forum name they use for opieoils on many a forum.

Some seem to disagree with what they say, but as far as I'm concerned their advice is fairly sound - and group buy deals offer a geniune discount.

Suppose offering advice on enthusiast forums is a good way for them to market themselves.

P

·
0 Posts
Dont know why people seem to use high ratings ie 50 or 60, Rotarys run extermly hot and Mazda recommend 10w30. Or is it that high temp oils are being used because lots of semi syns are not upto much?
Will ask my guy.

I would have thought a fully syn would not be a problem at 10w30 or 10w40

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
g11ary said:
Dont know why people seem to use high ratings ie 50 or 60, Rotarys run extermly hot and Mazda recommend 10w30. Or is it that high temp oils are being used because lots of semi syns are not upto much?
Will ask my guy.

I would have thought a fully syn would not be a problem at 10w30 or 10w40
Ahum it's a Nissan straight 6 mate not a wankel :gayboy: engine :)
wrong forum :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts