Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice guys. Bought a cheap diesel runabout a couple of months back and there was a slight vibration between 60 and 70mph which i put down to wheel balancing.

The thing is now it seems to be getting worse and when I'm between these speeds i seem to get a hard thumping/knocking type vibration when i try to accelerate. If i come off acceleration it goes back to just vibrating.

Any ideas? I was thinking something like a dodgy diff, CV joint or maybe even a dodgy wheel bearing. Any other thoughts?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A bit more info which I missed off. It only seems to happen in 5th gear. I haven't noticed it in any other gear anyway. And it's around 1800 - 2300 rpm.

Today I was accelerating through the gears and got all the way up to 70 without noticing it but when I'm cruising along at 60 in traffic then I get to accelerate to 70 it will happen if I fully press the accelerator. Steady acceleration is much better but still noticeable.

It seems it only does it under torque which again is making me think transmission

1 - 2 of 2 Posts