Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
n00bie bashing ECR33 owner
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with them, if so, wich one?
Thinking of getting one for my new (twin) slim electric fan setup.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I`ll be honest, I`d love to know if there are other controllers, or DIY controllers as making a simple voltage regulator isnt hard its the sensor bit when to turn on.

I find 150dollar a bit expensive for a silly fan controller.

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah, you're right; it uses the stock two wire temp sensor to get it's on/off signal, and I've only seen two others; the digital Billion AFC (over 225 euro new @ Nengun, incl s&h), and a <60 euro one wich is designed when captain caveman invented the round wheel (available @ Biesheuvel).

I find 150 dollar a bit much as well, but my knowledge limits itself to engine/ancillaries and brakes/suspension... I have no talent for electronics, and btw; electronics are traditionally overpriced; turbo timers, boost controllers, piggyback computers, etc.

Anyway, I've ordered a DIF dual e-fan controller yesterday... at least it'll be pretty ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bah seems like I`ll have to do the same then, you happy with the quality of the radiator? and now that where on the subject, where is the thermostat located, as i want to replace / drain my old coolant and refit a new thermostat and radiator.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
side of the block

follow the bottom rad pipe

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tnx Ian, ill find it then, Stefan to get back on the fan controller part if i get a kit and a few parts i can get it together for 60 euro`s, including shipment, if i got the pcb itself i can replicate the kit ;), and I could make them upgraded with solidstate relays for 2 fans no problem.

Also picking up the signial from the internal temp sensor as it gives of a voltake and will drop or rice depending on the make of the car, just need to figure out when you want it to trip, and voila 2 fans are running.

Only downside is that its either on or off, but a more cost effective sollution.

So its do able, with some knowledge to make DIY kits that most of us can understand, obviously 60 euro is expensive as its a premade thing, if i can duplicate that its way cheaper, pcb boards and components can be bought in bulk.

·
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've had the controller for a few months now, it works perfectly, very satisfied with it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts