Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the Digi-Display in the GTR34's.

Before i bought my GTR i was expecting to see a G-meter,but was told that only UK models have it???

Also , when i press the TV button on the screen i was expecting something to happen but all i get is Jap writing on the screen???

I seem to be able to adjust the BOOST from inside the car aswell , which i think go's up to 1.2 bar is it safe enough to run this on full BOOST on a stnd engine???

Are there any post's on this subject or anywhere i can go to find out any more info..
THANX
GAR

N

·
0 Posts
This will be a problem with a jap r34 ,
Best bet is ask middlehurst in st hellens , wigan , they did the 100 uk ones .

·
Registered
303 Posts
MFD,s questions

Oscar,

the boost is not adjustable from inside the car , the red zone is this will alert you if the car goes above the specific point you have put in to the MFD , this is done on the mode screen once in the mode screen you will see the red zone adjustment screen.

the G-mater is paert of the NISMO up grade , the Gb cars had the MFD1 up grade fitted , this has since been up graded to mfd2,
it shows the following g reading , 2.0 bar boost pressure, oil and water temp from 55 Deg Centrigrade I think, also give you a stop watch.

A non v-spec doesn,t read inlet charge and exhaust temperature but you can up graded this by fitting a nismo up gradeMFD2

hope this helps any more questions just ask.

Mark Gillam

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GTR

THANX for explaining that Abbey M/S:)
Do you know if the TV Button shouid do anything???

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
Unfortunately your TV option won't work on a Japanese GTR. The reason being Japan uses NTSC. What you're seeing is Japanese for 'No Signal.'

You'll have to research and see if there is something you can add that will receive the PAL signal and convert it to NTSC for the TV receiver or if it can be replaced with one from a UK model. Sorry for the bad news.

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
OK, the bad news is that MFD TV probably aint gonna work without some kind of adapter/converter.:(

The good news - you've got an R34 GTR!!! You should be well pleased!!!:D ;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GTR

Ok , i'll look on the bright side , i've got a GTR & the MFD can probably be sorted;)

Dave is that your car in the link you have , if so where did you get that Kakimoto Exhaust from ?? how do they compare to Blitz Exhaust's ??

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
how about converting your signal from PAL to NTSC , then you can display it on the screen as Abbey said it would be the easiest ?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GTR

I'll have to look into this !!!
I wonder who wouid be able to do this for me & how much it wouid cost ??? . .

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GTR

Protech!!! i don't think so m8 , Thanx for the idea but i'm not letting my pride & joy go to them !!!

CHEERS

GAR

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK , Thanx for that MADRAD , that was interesting reading , took me awhile:)
Atleast it can be done ;) well done that man...

i've already got the Tv button on my MFD & the place i got my car from said they can get hold off a nismo upgrade for the MFD(I do need an upgrade don't i ??)

I've had my car for 3week's now , & it's pretty much standard , so i'm gonna get it tuned the beginning of next year first before i start messing about with MFD;)

CHEERS

GAR

1 - 19 of 19 Posts