·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
as above mate and that looks amazing buddy

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, It will probably be a one off if i can get it all to work. All the parts are very expensive to buy.

Its only half finished at the moment there`s still the boost gauge / oil temp / air/fuel plus a Hicas light to fit to it . Each gauge has an adjustable Hi/Lo warning function built in which should be handy for keeping an eye on things.

Wiring it up and calibrating should be intersting although fairly straight forward by the looks of things. Fitting it all into an r33 instument cluster seems to be the hardest part lol.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
fair play wanting it to be a one off buddy well done but is it pretty much easy to mount everything to the standard face on the dash??

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fair play wanting it to be a one off buddy well done but is it pretty much easy to mount everything to the standard face on the dash??
The main clock units are almost the same diameter as the originals so fitting them is straight forward ,the hole on the left hand side will take the boost gauge and the one on the right the oil temp, the only one that will not fit in the main cluster is the air/fuel gaude which will have to be fitted in the dash insert somewhere.

As far as cost to do this i was very luck ,i managed to get the whole kit from a guy on ebay for £150 including all the sender units. Everything was still in sealed bags and had never been used. This kit costs over £800 plus what ever the shipping comes to.

If all goes well it should be a very accurate setup with alot off handy features.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
good luck mate and take loadsa pics lol

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow thats a nice little project for the inside do one in red for me :D if i had £800 spare though :(
If i ever get this up and running and end up selling it one day you will be the first to know since you sent me your spare clocks to mount these in.

Many thanks mate, I`m very gratefull for your help:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
top job again doa,keep the pics updated.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
top job again doa,keep the pics updated.
Thanks mate, I will indeed keep the pic`s coming. I`ve just fitted the boost and oil temp gauges plus the reset/trip buttons.

I hope to get a couple more pic`s up later tonight.

I think there must be something wrong with me sometimes,i get a whole weekend off to chillout and look what happens. I sat here messing around cutting and shaping intill about 12.30 last night then after i got in to bed i was still trying to work out how to get the speedo signal sorted without messing up the hicas.:screwy::screwy::screwy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Thanks mate, I will indeed keep the pic`s coming. I`ve just fitted the boost and oil temp gauges plus the reset/trip buttons.

I hope to get a couple more pic`s up later tonight.

I think there must be something wrong with me sometimes,i get a whole weekend off to chillout and look what happens. I sat here messing around cutting and shaping intill about 12.30 last night then after i got in to bed i was still trying to work out how to get the speedo signal sorted without messing up the hicas.:screwy::screwy::screwy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
im the same mate i went to germany to drive and didint bat an eyelid when it came to fixing cars lol i cant help it mate :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That does look awesome! Does it cost £800 tho?! :eek:
If you workout how much each gauge costs plus each set of sendor units and amps it costs a fortune. This was a custom made set up for a mark for golf before i got hold of it which would have made it even more pricy.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Digital dash pic

Here`s another pic with the boost and oil temp gauges in place. It needs a bit of re-shaping around the temp gauge but its getting there.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 95 Posts