Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got my service on my civic soon and as its hardly been driven in the last year (sodding DVLA and rules on fits lol) theres what looks like rust building up on the discs. All 4 have a kind of browny substance building up on them. I can get pics posted if that helps but i'd be tomorrow as its dark now. Is this something they are going to want to replace or clean up in a service> Any one know what this is?
Many thanks,

·
erm,when will I be cool?
1,202 Posts
Brake discs I assume. Are you talking on the face as well as the rim? If so, just drive it a little way gentle braking, and it will all scrap off.
If it really really bad, you may need to clean them a bit first before driving.
And then maybe clean up the pads after the spin.
The rust around the rim is little to worry about.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's just on the front surface but i'll have a better look tomorrow. I'll try posting some pics up tomorrow but I think if it is just rust then you've put my mind and bank balance at rest. Thanks for the real quick responce

·
Registered
125 Posts
If they are really bad just whip the wheels off and give them a good scuff over with some abrasive paper, just saves your pads.

·
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got my dad to take it out and do the whole braking thing (only 9 days till I get my licence back now lol) as suggested by colinspooky, it's mostly come off now so thanks mate. I think when i'm back in the drivers seat and driving it every day it'll come off pretty quick.
I think it's the cry just crying because its not being driven :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts