Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Righteous gear grinding?!?!?!

Won an RB25DET engine on fleecbay 4 days ago as mine has pooped it's bottom end.
Heard nothing from seller after 8hrs so rightfully paid for it via paypal. Within a minute I get a message back 'cash on collection only mate'. Told him I'd already paid and would arrange collection. Got the same message back again. Told him I'm quite happy to pay cash, but he'll have to refund me. Cut a long story short back n forth... four days has passed and so far have had every contradictory excuse as to why he can't access paypal to refund me.. 'Old account not been used in years' so how come you have 21 transactions in 30 days?? Now 'My cousins account'. Then it's because 'it's not verified', then because it's 'linked to an old bank account that's closed'
End result he's refusing to refund me, wont give me any details, demanding it's cash only although it NEVER said anywhere on auction & that I would have to claim it back through paypal (which I have started).
So now the dude is ignoring me & relisted the engine, I'm £600 quid down for however long it takes & have no engine.
Sods law, I've been offered another R33 real cheap, but guess how much cash I am short?? Grrrrrr lol
So if anybody sees stuff on ebay by a dude around Droitwich breaking a Skyline. Feel free.....

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
It's f***wits like that that ruin it for everybody. Threaten legal action... that may wake him up to his obligations. If he calls your bluff, make it not a bluff and actually follow through down the legal trail!

So if anybody sees stuff on ebay by a dude around Droitwich breaking a Skyline. Feel free.....
Feel free ..... to what exactly?
Buy everything he's got for sale, lead him on like you're a genuine buyer but don't follow through with any payment ..? ;)
If everyone did that with one item each... it would cause this seller a lot of headaches

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
is ebay not ment to be a "all bids are legally binding" set up??

if you have bidded for the item, paid for it, then that twat has to sell it for that price!

do you have screenshots or anything of the original listing to prove it never mentioned cash on collection or no postage or anything like that?

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The relisting is still the same. 'Collection in person' but says nothing about cash only. Dispute going through, but takes weeks as usual to get it back. Sure somebody on here will hunt it out on ebay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts