Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Post edited cos what I said made me look like a moron so I deleted it to cover the evidence :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe i have the year mixed up, it's not my car.
It's an rb20e single cam R33.

I had the dizzy off the car to fit the pas pump. I put it back on, and went to set it up with timing gun and the 7 marks on harmonic ballencer. I can't find any marks to line them up with is my problem.

My aim was to set it to the third mark 15tdc but what do i line the third mark up with? I had a few goes anyways, but it's hard to start.

Cheers.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Ahh sh|t my bad..... I confused myself, yes the R33 GTS came out with the RB20E... ignore my other post haha.
As far as timing goes I cant help sorry

·
Registered
56 Posts
when you put your distributor in mate it turns the cog so if i were you i would take the dizzy cap off so you know where the spark will be going to if you get me and remember top dead center happens twice on each cylinder ignite and exhaust so you could put it to ignite top dead center on cylinder 1 and match the points inside the dizzy together for cylinder 1 that should do it so if you do it that way make sure you have the correct tdc it was what i had problems with when i put my cylinder head back on hope this helps a little :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts