Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have experience with air inductions kits on a rb20e

i wanted to know if an induction makes a differnce in power...

as some have said to me... it will increase power and some said it will decrease power...... basically im not expecting bhp gainsi just want to get rid of flatspot when setting off but i also know on some cars these aftermarket filter can makes it worse

so whats best option??? without saying drop a 2.5 turbo in it lol...

at the moment i have the standard filter. only mods i have is 2.1/4" bore exhaust and decat

im thinking a filter or an adjustable fuel regulator which worked brilliantkly on my previous car if you set it right and not just turn it up

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Hey mate I have been told that pod.cone filters are to good unless you build a cold air box and cold air feed to it, instead of doing that i got a stock airbox of a gtst and put that on mine as it has a bigger snorkel and just get a good panel filter K&N do a good one and I believe conceptua sell it :) The gtst air box has a bigger snorkel on it to allow higher air flow, since putting this on my own it growls a little more, but I am yet to put it on the road to see any difference in response :) Worth a try though, also the gtst box fits straight in where the old N/A one does.

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mate so its a straight fit i might look into this see how much it would cost...

what would be nice aswell is if we could get the pipe to the airbox without the resonator on for the rb20e...most of the places charge a lot to custom made one

is the sound noticeable can you make a vid of the engine bay when you rev mate....and let me know when you test it as i dont want it to bog down like when you put big cone inductions on

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
thanks mate so its a straight fit i might look into this see how much it would cost...

what would be nice aswell is if we could get the pipe to the airbox without the resonator on for the rb20e...most of the places charge a lot to custom made one

is the sound noticeable can you make a vid of the engine bay when you rev mate....and let me know when you test it as i dont want it to bog down like when you put big cone inductions on
Yeah I got one of a guy on here the box, new filter and snorkel posted for £25 :)

And yeah I know I am looking into doing that if you get the pipe you could make one yourself there was guy on here had a thread about it

and I will try get a video done tomorrow if i get time and well so far only thing I noticed so far was it growls a little more as its suckign in more air as the snorkel is larger and also it crackles more higher in the revs when you back off and that :) and yeah I will do mate, can't wait to get it on the road need a wheel fixing first as it is damages so goes flat pretty quick :( haha, and to be honest mate cone filters arent to good on these as they drag in too much warm air, best way around it is to build a cold airbox and get a funnel into it from the front :)

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Haha is he not giving it away now?

and yeah the box is basically the same size however the snorkel is bigger on the gtst's so it allows more air into it i will link you to my thread there is a picture on there of the size difference

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171813

look at the pictures on post number 6 :)

·
Kyusha_Riot
2,475 Posts
Pm him mate an if he isnt giving away just put up a post for one thats what i did :) loads of people keep them when they put cone filters on their turbos. and yeah i know its much bigger for more air flow, and then just put a decent panel filter in it :)

·
Registered
693 Posts
i had one and a custom hard pipe on mine and it did improve response :)

EDIT: just looked and i still have the hard pipe if your interested?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts