Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 GTS-4. I've heard that no GTS-4's were equipped with HICAS, however on the fuse box, one of the fuses is labeled HICAS. While reading through other threads, it seems that cars with the system have a light on the dash that illuminates when the car is started or when something is wrong, I have no such light... What's the easiest way to tell if the car is equipped with HICAS?
Also correct me if I'm wrong, but if I do have HICAS, to disable it I can't just pull the fuse, I'll need lock-out bars? Thanks in advance!

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
Well the easiest way to tell is look at the rear diff . There should be a eletric motor right in the middle . As far as I know all R33's came with hicas but if I'm wrong I'll soon be corrected by one of these guys .

·
Registered
42 Posts
Easy way is to look under your car in the rear.. do you have solid toe rods or does it look like the wheels have a turning mechanism..

Josh

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
if you turn your key to put the ignition on the hicas light will shortly light up with all other lights (if all is well)
easiest way is indeed to take a peek under the car from the rear and see what is in the middle , just ahead of the rear axle

·
Registered
497 Posts
You got no hicas light that should say enough if you have a stock dash...

About the fuse boxes they are the same and used for different models.
So what they say on hte outside doesnt mean yoy got it al.
Check if the fuse is really there or look under the car if there's a steering meganism on the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts