Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**oops spelt clutch wrong in title

right i thought when you change a clutch on any you have to change clutch fluid....

i rang up garage to get a quote for fitting clutch on my r33 rb20e...and i said how much for fluid.....

and he said i dont need clutch flud for mine as its not a concentric bearing....

im confused im not a mechanic but is that right?

·
Registered
141 Posts
U only need clutch fluid if you are bleeding the clutch system ie slave cylinder...other wise no u won't need any clutch fluid! But seeing as ur having a new clutch u more aswell get them to bleed ur clutch system

·
No longer a rep :( but still here :)
6,432 Posts
Make sure they bleed it properly, if you get the car back and the peddle feels spongy its got air in the system. And yeah Dot 4 brake and clutch fluid is the stuff.

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh another question, does clutch have to be bled at same time as doing clutch or can it be done later....so if i get garage to do clutch and get another garage a week later to bleed clutch can i do that??

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ta bud its because garage i go to said it doesnt need bleeding they just being assy....but i want them to do clutch and rear cranksghat oil seal as they quoted me 90quid which is cheapest around here

·
Naz Ali
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
clutch is now done...but garage said they dont need to change clutch fluid as i never lost any....this not serviceable i thought fresh clutch oil would be better?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts