Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Always Seeking Perfection
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont take this as an advertisement, its the onlt pic i had to hand from my emails.

Will this do my R32 GTR any good for drag racing?
Is it somthing along the line of a grid dancer?

Your opintions guys :)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
as far as i am aware these things are mostly to do with the 4wd behaviour in corners.

not an issue on the drag strip.

essentialy in stock formthe g sensors input to the computer is used to reduce front wheel drive under cornering. the 4wd controllers change this output "fooling" the computer into thinking the cars still going in a striaght line, and therefore giving more front drive than would other wise be the case in the corner.

i think what you would be after for drag application would be a launch control. 4wd for grip at the the startm and 2 wd once moving for acceleration

·
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have launch controll with my PFC Pro, but reviewing slow motion of the wheels form my last drag (6,000rpm launch) the back of the car squats as it should the back wheel starts to spin and the front wheels dont move let alone spin?

looking at this it seams as though i will get more traction is i crank STR-G to full.
http://translate.google.ie/translate?u=http://www.do-luck.com/dtm.html&sl=ja&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

After what you said hesh im in two minds wether to get it now or not

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,Probably best to phone Sumo up and ask,they are respected tuners and run R33 GTR drag car so will probably give better advice.I have met Andy and the team at Santa Pod and they seem like good guys.Cheers.

·
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i know the guys well :)

They were the guys who sugested it to me, just thought id ask you guys first

so, would this be suitable for GTR-drifting..?
No lexy it increases the strenght of the 4wd. Try using a switch to deactivate the 4wd fuse like i did on mine.... Do a search

·
Registered
98 Posts
oh ok, so it works exactly the opposite way from what i tought lol.. ok all clear cheers. still this is an interesting thiny too tho!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts