Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't think the std gt alloys fit the car that well, they need to fill the arches more. I'm thinking of replacing mine but don't have any ideas on what size or type.

So do you have non std alloys? If yes what size are they and if poss post some pictures.

Thanks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
can you post some pics of the wheels you have now? There are different versions of the standard wheel on the GT and you can probably find pics of different wheels on this forum in the member pics section. Additionally, if you google Skyline 350GT or Infiniti G35 coupe wheels you will find loads.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
can you post some pics of the wheels you have now? There are different versions of the standard wheel on the GT and you can probably find pics of different wheels on this forum in the member pics section. Additionally, if you google Skyline 350GT or Infiniti G35 coupe wheels you will find loads.
Hi,
I will post pictures then it's back.
The problem is if you Google search most of the pictures are usa cars and they have different taste in wheels.
And pictures on this fourm doesn't give details of the wheels.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Not the best photo to highlight the wheels but Japan Racing JR3 9.5/10.5 +22 all round 245/35/19 275/35/19 mild stretch all round, lowered

Not 100% flush but almost, rear arches are rolled.

350z stock rims with 25mm spacers all round

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not the best photo to highlight the wheels but Japan Racing JR3 9.5/10.5 +22 all round 245/35/19 275/35/19 mild stretch all round, lowered

Not 100% flush but almost, rear arches are rolled.

350z stock rims with 25mm spacers all round

Hi, what very low and looks great!

So you have 19" fronts 9.5j and rear 10.5j with 22 ET offset? (sorry just trying to understand wheel details).

How did you lower it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

So you have 19" fronts 9.5j and rear 10.5j with 22 ET offset? (sorry just trying to understand wheel details).

How did you lower it?

Thanks.

Thank you, it's my daily (ish) driver so I can't get only lower as Swindon/wilts/Gloucester roads can be less than forgiving haha

Yes that is correct, I've run different setups in the past but this is the one I'm most happy with, car is lowered on conceptua shocks and tenzo R springs...it's a stiff drive. I have some bc coilivers which may go on but it's likely I'll change cars this year so we"ll see

Enjoy your GT

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Did have, just to give you an idea,,

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, it's my daily (ish) driver so I can't get only lower as Swindon/wilts/Gloucester roads can be less than forgiving haha

Yes that is correct, I've run different setups in the past but this is the one I'm most happy with, car is lowered on conceptua shocks and tenzo R springs...it's a stiff drive. I have some bc coilivers which may go on but it's likely I'll change cars this year so we"ll see

Enjoy your GT
Yes I know what you mean about Wiltshire roads. I'm in Calne and would love to have look round yours.
Any more pictures of the 350z wheels with spacers? Did it drive only with these wheels/spacers?

Maybe this is the route I should take as 350z wheels are cheap to buy!

Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

How did you lower it?

Thanks.
I see it's up for sell now, it's a shame that you didn't say you were going to sell about a month ago.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi,

I run 19x10 ET35 + 20mm spacer 275/45 rear and 19x8.5 ET35 + 20mm spacer 245/35 front

...I've just had a look and got no pics at 'standard' height (mines on air suspension) but here's one of her aired out to show how much wheel these arches can swallow! Bear in mind no arch mods, no chassis mods, standard suspension/control arms, just fitted kit and she went all the way down till chassis hit the deck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cheers mate, all that happened last year is stereo system and boot build (£££) but hope to get C-sport style rear bumper sorted and currently be-badging standard grill to replace the after market 'open' one.....

Looking forward to seeing the 370!! so will have to see which shows you're attending.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers mate, all that happened last year is stereo system and boot build (£££) but hope to get C-sport style rear bumper sorted and currently be-badging standard grill to replace the after market 'open' one.....

Looking forward to seeing the 370!! so will have to see which shows you're attending.
What did you do to the stereo system?

I'm totally disappointed with the Bose system in my GT, radio not very good, no cd, no ipod/usb and a sat nav which it is unless!
Don't know which route to take will it as I like the std look of the it.
My last car - jaguar s-type I kept the std touch screen sat/nav and fitted a JL Audio Cieansweep, DLS Reference series RM40 amp powering JL Audio XR650CSI components and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 501 amp powering 2 JL Audio 8W3V3 Subs.
It sounded great but looked std.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did the same as most UK owners do and installed a double DIN (Kenwood DAB with Apple Car Play in my case).
Main pain is cost and availability of a descent DD facia - Yahoo Japan Auctions. eBay Japan for second hand Jap or Connects2 Ltd for new but with horrid rubber buttons!

Loads of info online in forums including this one :) and vids on YT

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love that ojay, looks awesome with the tinted rear lights.

This is the other one on air.

This set is 20x10, et20 with 15mm spacers front, 255/30/20 front and 20x11 et20 285/30/20 rear.

These are 19x9, et+6, 20mm spacer with 225/35/19 front and 19x10 et-6 with 245/35/19 rear.

Arches are rolled, adjustable camber arms fitted but not adjusted much past Nissan's factory spec.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts