Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This just started happening recently and i fixed one problem with the car and the guy said when i bought it there might be something wrong with the car... I bought the car 2 weeks ago and it was running fine... On the way home from buying it was spitting and sputtering and i would have to change gears at 4k RPM's... I solved this problem by changing my spark plugs to the NGK Ridium Ix and spacing then .o8... Now when i ride down the road ill start at a stop sign and when i go to take off its like the car wants to hesitate before it goes... I will put the pedal to the floor and it hesitates to actually graduate to speed... Sometimes I have to put the car back into neutral and start again... And when the car is in neutral i kinda know when the problem will happen because the RPM's will jump constantly under 1k and seems like it wants to stall... So when i give it gas it takes a minute before it will actually rev up... And i can be on my way... I really need the members here on Skylineowners to help me out with this problem because i am truly stumped... Thank you for reading...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Let me give you a little few causes of that issue your having :) :

Worn or defective spark plugs
hose air leak
Exhaust gas sensor
fuel pressure regulator
injector circuits
ignition coil and circuits
Transistor ignition unit
ECU harness connector
ECU power supply & ground
AAC valve
Air regulator
clogged idle screw
Battery
Temp sensor connector
Throttle position sensor
Incorrect timing belt installation
Crank Angle sensor and circuits
Ignition Timing

Hope this helps buddy haha, you may want to check 1 by 1 to see what the cause may be.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
my bet would be on the coil packs or your air flow meter (AFM)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the NGK Iridium IX spark plugs and i spaced them out .8 millimeters... Is the right kind of spark plugs or do i need new ones... I just bought them like 4 days ago...

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
what heat rating are the plugs you fitted

unless the car has been modified you should be running BKR 6E1X or BKR 7E1X

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uhm im not sure what the heat rating is for the spark plugs all i know is the code for them are the BPR5EIX-11 and its the NGK Iridium IX they said on the internet it is a high heat rating spark plug and i seen a number like 8 but i dont know if that really matters... I looked for the spark plugs you put down but i cant find a site... I live in the US so parts are a little hard to get... Do you know how i can find out if it is the spark plugs or if something else is the problem??? What do you think i should do???

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
A heatrange 5 plug is too hot for your car man! For stock engine the 6´s are recomended. For slightly tuned one go for the 7´s and if heavily tuned go for 8´s. So thats the first thing I would change man. And when changing the plugs, have a look at them, fouling/melting or whatever.

If it´s not the plugs then it´s very often coilpack and/or AFM failure.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ok cool ill check the spark plugs for melting... If its not them do you know a site that will have the spark plugs and everything like the Coilpack and AFM aftermarket parts??? I have a car show comming up so i am trying to get this car done by then... You guys are being the best of help so far... Thanks to...

}{R33}{TURBO
honkongphoie
RXXXIV

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
mine are NGK BKR 7EIX

i had them from Knight Racer (Joe and Albert) on here in the traders section but i think must of the traders on here sell them

give a few of the traders on here a PM to get prices i'm sure the will ship to the US for you

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
They are not illegal man! Who´s tellin´ stories like this? They are just VERY difficult if not impossible to get on the road.

@slowmofo
No probs man, you´re welcome!
As for plugs you should go for these BKR6EIX (stock engine) or BKR7EIX (slightly tuned engine). If your ignition system is weak, go for the ones with .76mm gap, if not go for 1.1mm ones.

If you wanna replace or upgrade your coilpacks go for the Splitfire ones. You should be able to get them in the US quite quick and cheap.

For AFM upgrade go for the Z32 one - original Nissan.

In the traders section you´ll find all the parts you need man. I´m sure they will ship to US too.

Hope this helps! :cheers:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks man... Oh and as for the Skyline being illegal... Nah your aloud to have them their just really strict around here about it... Like i have to have the third tail light and i have to have parking lights working... They make sure i have everything done to it... But if anything else fails just slip them money haha they will pass you... I am having trouble getting mine to go through because of the whole third brake light and the parking lights... I dont know where to get them... But i guess ill just have to find a place that sells some bogus ones... Once it passes the parts are all comming off... lol... Thanks guys...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts