Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above? tpft quote of 1100 with the alarm if i dont have one will they not insure me?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes

It's not just about the theft aspect of YOUR claim, it's what some little Twocer might do with your car ie knocking over young children whilst escaping from the police - that third party bodily injury would be picked up by your Insurance company under the RTA

Besides. It's peace of mind and it's only a couple of hundred quid to help your car still be where it's parked when you come back to it

·
Registered
962 Posts
My A-Plan policy only states Cat 2 required.

I went with Cat 1 anyway.

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess il just talk to aplan tomorrow then, im not going to rush into having my car on the road so if it means me waiting 3-4 weeks so i can have a decent alarm put on her il do that!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
yes but would you not have one anyway ,

£250.00 fitted or a lost Skyline ,

Most companies want a Cat 1 minimum , its only the stupid companies with inflated premiums that want a tracker on a for example £4k Skyline ... ha ha

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
A Plan are best for insuring Skylines especially if you tick all their boxes of requirments

Only deal with Thatcham office

·
Registered
528 Posts
A Plan only ask for a Cat 2 - this is all they wanted when I first insured mine with them a year ago. I do now have a Cat 1 though, but they didn't ask for this when I renewed this year.

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it depends on who Aplan put you with IE im not sure if they use both highway and Ensign?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts