Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This does relate to tyres so it is in the right section :)

Think I have found the ideal tyre dimensions but am hoping you are all going to say the speedo takes its' reading from the rear. Take a looky and you will see what I mean

:cheers:

Rear

Front

·
BEDFORDSHIRE......
999 Posts
By using larger wheels say 16's to 18's you are messing with the overall gearing of the cars set up. If you use a higher size rim then the chances are you would gain on acceleration and loose top end in theory. I can only quote from using different sized sprockets on a motorbike. So I might be wrong

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
By using larger wheels say 16's to 18's you are messing with the overall gearing of the cars set up. If you use a higher size rim then the chances are you would gain on acceleration and loose top end in theory. I can only quote from using different sized sprockets on a motorbike. So I might be wrong
If the overall size goes up, acceleration goes down but top speed increases (assuming you have the power).

Smaller wheels/tyres means better acceleration but lower top speed. :sorry:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take care when deciding what size you need on a GTT as the traction control is very fussy.

Richard
I should have stuck with my R33. Nothing is straight forward with R34s :disappointed:

Was going to go with Rota GTRs

Front
18 x 8.5 with a 235x35 tyre
Rear
18 x 9.5 with a 255x35 tyre

Saw these on a car at yours Richard so was kinda hoping they would be okay. Unless the chap just drives with tcs turned off :)

ps. Forget I even asked where the speedo was taking its reading. Dumb ass question :slap:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts