Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my car, I really do....but the more I look at R32's the more I want one.

Having recently put on the japspeed zorst, decat, downpipe and boost controller etc, the car is pushing out around 300bhp and is immense fun. I also realise that the market on Skylines right now is not so good......

So do I put the car up for sale in the hope that someone with 'Skyline Goggles' comes along and pays a bit over the odds so I can get an R32 (eithier GTST with some left over for goodies, or save up / sell stuff to get GTR)

Or should I stick with what I have and make it go faster.

argh!?

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
i can sympathise with you as i love the r32. you have a great car in the r33 with so much room for power gains, where-as the r32 has a limited range before you need very deep pockets.
i'm in the process of getting mine to 300+ but funds are holding me back.
if you could get the gtr you would be in heaven, but at the moment prices have fallen because of running costs, taxation and generally the fact people are unsure what else is going to happen with car tax.
even though i love the 32 i'd say stick with the 33 and your mods.
only my opinion .

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
there is a nice r32 for sale with poss swap for an r33,how much would you want for yours?
im in the same boat,love my r33 to bits but im still lusting after a hot r32

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No idea what I would get for mine! Going to go for a drive and a think, bored anyways.

Paint work on mine does need attention, but the engine is rock solid and aside from service items, it's never really given me any trouble.

R32 GTRRRRRRRRRRghhhhhhhhhh :drool: :drool:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here are some pics and a quick vid:

http://www.uguild.co.uk/japspeed001.wmv

Spec is as follows:

JapSpeed Exhaust, JapSpeed Decat, JapSpeed Downpipe / turbo elbow, Apexi Air filter, Nismo Suspension, Blitz Boost Controller, NGK Iridiums. Last rolling road saw 293BHP with 246 torques - This was before the boost controller was fitted tho. Mileage at 86 thou....recent £1000 MOT / Service.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll lose too much money on a sell.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Owning a 32 and having been in 33's - 33's leave me cold, in much the same way as S14's leave me cold over S13's (where my routes are if you like)

The 32 is far more raw and involving. The 33 is much bigger feeling and bullish, boat like.

There's only one choice to my mind and I've got one.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
just to add another tenneth worth ..ive been in the coupe 33 and the saloon ...only has a brief ride in a r32 gtr...but it made my cars seem big and lumbering .... i think the interiour of the r33 is nicer but the r32 may just be that bit "purer" a sports car .....

horses for courses ...they are very different

·
Registered
828 Posts
Having the same thoughts myself Stu.
I was never that keen tbh on the R32 but since owning a skyline the R32 shape has appealed to me more probably because i look at them more now in general.
If i went R32 though it would be a GTR with no disrespect to R32 gts owners i think i would miss the extra power as Sarge says being used to a modded R33.

·
Registered
812 Posts
IMO R32s are getting old and more problematic, R33s are far too popular now, because they are so cheap. R34s are the way forward now. I think you could sell your R33 and get a decent R32, but it will pay to shop around.

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
R32, go on you know you want to. I'm seriously considering one as my first skyline and the prices are just silly for what your getting. I'll get a low milage one from japan though.
I know exactly how you feel though. the R34 go me into skylines in a very big way and I always loved all the models but as i've become more and more into them i've gone from wanting and R34 to maybe a 33 (but was never that keen) and have settled on the R32. Most probably the gtst due to GTR insurance and cost.
The average price for a nice slightly modified, 50-70k milage fresh import seems to be just over the 4k mark, Which is mad for a skyline.

·
manual convert
583 Posts
stick with your R33 cos it looks and sounds fantastic,
only way forward is more POWER or a R34.
does depend thou on your usage. (daily or FUN)
thats my thoughts anyway

bruce

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Your R33 looks really nice mate. I would not change my R33 for an R32 i dont like the shape as much as the R33. R34's are nice though but im still happy with my R33 :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Think I'm going to wait until I get a GTR, should be next year sometime!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts