Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a 200sx s14a. Bought it when it was basically stock and built it up over 2 and a half years I owned it. Changed basically everything to that car. New turbo injectors etc, about 350bhp. All bodywork mods.

Then I got a skyline so the 200 had to go for space and funds. My mate decided he wanted to buy it and took it a couple weeks ago. Then 2 weeks later he texted me saying he F'd up and sent me a picture. He was going too fast around a corner and smashed it into a tree. I was gutted to hear that especially after spending soooo much time and money into that car. He just couldn't handle it after coming from a fiat bravo.
Here's the car
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411213006.505666.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411213017.736683.jpg

Anyone else had similar experiences selling cars to close mates or family?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeahh it's so frustrating. I was so annoyed and gutted when he told me. He had it for 2 weeks before he smashed it. 2 weeks! It's crazy. It was so clean too
This is what it looked like before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411214893.425445.jpg

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
Ouchy !!! Think most of my skylines I've had over the years has been wrote off by the next owners. Need to be respectful of Hi-power cars & unleash the beasts when appropriate.

·
Old Git Having Fun....
385 Posts
Not Skyline related but my first car was a Ford Zephyr (yes I am old!) which was in good nick - I was its second owner. Sold it to a mates brother, who drove to the pub, got p155ed up and drove it straight into a lamp post, writing it off. Gutted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeahh, annoying thing is now, he's just making excuses to how he crashed. Avoiding foxes etc. It was obvious he was going too fast and couldn't control it properly!

·
Registered
478 Posts
i had a mint fresh import mr2 turbo which i sold to a mate, he systematicly destroyed it over 12 months. gutted!!!
I had something similar , i had a mint Bluebird ZX turbo in red and sold it to a guy i worked with's son. It was mint and the red paint work was mega shinney .
About a year or so later i saw the car and it was a flat pink colour due to not being washed or polished, then the worst part i heard someone say to him about it being pink and his reply was ' yeah it was like that when i bought it' !!! wtf ?!?!?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
This post is bizarre? I mean you wanted to sell the car didn't you and the guy paid you? What is your beef with the buyer even if he is/was a mate?
I think the point is that if a mate has your car and you may see it from time to time you may show a little concern about its condition if not as you left it.

You still have some feelings for it.

We love our cars ya know. Lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeahh, annoying thing is now, he's just making excuses to how he crashed. Avoiding foxes etc. It was obvious he was going too fast and couldn't control it properly!
Sad to see. I wouldn't get annoyed at a mate just for crashing a car though, there are more important things in life.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well this was a different rant to what I expected :D I sold a MR2 to a mate once and he came back to me weeks/months later demanding I fix every niggle that the car subsequently had - despite not being there when I had the car!

·
Registered
483 Posts
I wouldn't care if the next owner wrote it off in a week or two, actually i'd rather see that happening than getting told that something i fitted and lasted for 10 years finally went in a tone like it's my fault and i sold a shitty car years ago :gay:

·
Registered
183 Posts
My pal bought an old civic off me. He rolled it into a field 3 nights later.
Even worse, he hadn't paid me for the car yet....because he hadn't sold his old car. (my mistake and not one I will be making again)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts