Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Has anybody on here done this? Thinking of doing it myself till i get a 2 way after christmas. Just wondering how much of a job it really is. Instructions seem handy enough but i don't want to find out half way through that its a nightmare of a job.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Who fancies shimming mine?

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Phil Morrison - Driftworks said:
We've been doing it over here for some time. It's not a brilliant way of doing it as if you don't add a big enough shim, the viscous is still allowed to work (all be it tighter), and being viscous it kind of does what it wants which doesn't inspire the confidence a welder does once your used to it. If you add loads of shims, it just turns it into a completely locked diff the same as a welder, but without lasting as long.
Judge for yourself mate

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
If your just mad for drift then definately weld it BUT if you drive on the road a fair bit along with doing some tracks days then shim it.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
If your just mad for drift then definately weld it BUT if you drive on the road a fair bit along with doing some tracks days then shim it.
:iagree:

However if you can afford it then buy a 2way :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Nissan or Rising sun i would of thought would be best.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Can you not get them from nissan too?

·
DWYB.CO.UK
799 Posts
erm lame ;)

ive driven a fair few and they suck major balls when you are skidding :spank:

if shimed diffs were the answer all UK drifters on a budget would do it instead of running welded diffs :D

Nismo 2 way is the answer - drifty when you need it but not too harsh for fast road use :smoker:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts