Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a little stumped. I have a 03 350gt and the locks keep going wappy on it, I will unlock the car and get in and all I'll hear and see is both doors locking and unlocking constantly. Sometimes it won't do it and while I'm driving down the road I will hear the passenger lock just lock and unlock randomly. The only way to stop it happening is to lock the drivers door with the lever next to the handle to get out. If I use the button on the window switch to lock it, it will only lock passenger door and not drivers door. Also occasionally I sometimes get a small like static shock off my drivers door since this has been happening! It's only happened since I had a full wrap done and he's taken the locks/handles out to wrap them. Any ideas? Please help.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Morning!

Sounds to me the best thing to do initially would be to get the door cards off and have a look, could be a case of incorrectly seated components or visible damage to the actuator/mechanism.

On a side not any pics of the car wrapped?

Sai

·
Registered
207 Posts
i would second taking the inner door card off to have a look around - easy enough just two screws behind the piece of silver plastic covering the inner door grip and one behind a little plastic square on the inner door lock.
if you set the card against something you can leave the two door lock cables connected and lock/unlock to see everything moving and spot if something doesn't look right

·
Rich
1 Posts
I have exactly the same problem where the locks randomly open and close especially when first using the car from cold, then after a while they stop doing it.
Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem or any new ideas ??? Cheers Richard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts