Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done me first doughnut today...well three actually. Spect most of you are thinking so what, but twas me first go....and i loved it.

Also been getting the old girl a bit sideways on Roundabouts and also loved it.

Note to myself: Watch out for cerbs and other road users.

Thought i'd tell you all, coz i know you are a caring bunch and i would also like to hear about the first time you all had ago:-

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
do you mean full lock and dumping the clutch jobbie's???
mate on the GTi-R forum used to sit on the spot just going round and round and round in comet car park

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PLEASE DONT CALL ME A TART FOR WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY:

No didnt dump the clutch as i dont want to fcuk the clutch or diffs.
Here comes the painful bit: Done it on the grass mate.:p

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
not your dads front garden???
nope never done one, i like my roundabout's me, arse end out four wheel's squealing their tits of.
running horse roundabout at night mmmmmm wheres my car key's???

E

·
0 Posts
Never done 1. Maybe i should give it a go on the way home from work 1 morning:)

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tony: If it was on me old mans grass do you honestly think i would be sat here telling ya!

Eddie give it a go mate great fun.

Tried it a few times in Busters Skyline, but didnt like it either agree with you Mr Lad seems to go way too far and end up with brown seats.

Anyone else given it ago?

P.S Dad please dont think I'v been nicking ur mota and doing it without you knowing. You must remember when you had the down pipe done and came to see me at work and i took it round the industrial estate. You even congratulated me on a fine bit of side ways action! Remember?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Hmmmm! Doughnuts. Usually done every four to six months on the way to tyre shop to get last possible ounce of wear and fun from old rear tyres.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Doh Nuts !!

Impossible in a GT-R, very possible in the GT-T tho , but very very scary on round-a-bouts !!!! Grass is Ok but no fun as no squealing of hot rubber !!! You should have been at Goodwood for some real sideways action, was pulling one G round Lavant and holding it it for 4 seconds at 95mph !!!! (Got a data logger thingy !!! GREAT )

:40oz: :alco: :aka47: :angel:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Mmmm donuts

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
found a empty car park today and my mate had a go, only prob was in a rust bucket of a montego!!!! , managed a sort of doughnut .
handbrake full on , full lock, rev the nut's out of it and dump the clutch, he was well chuffed by his attempt!!

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not just the 1G that you pull though is it Steve;) :D take your point bout the grass though will have to try it on the tarmac me is thinking.

Tony when you gonna give it ago yourself mate? Eddie, you given it a crack yet?

Surely there are more tails to be told than TwoSkyNOLIFE's old womans rubbish (no offence intended to old women).

Comon boys and girls lets not be shy about it now.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
hold on a minute scared of roundabouts. huh......... tail happy , thats what its all about.

Its not scary, its a way of life !

Nice one Issac my son, ill pop over and help you with the astroturf if he hasnt noticed yet.

·
Registered
775 Posts
C'mon down

Boyz an Girlies C'mon down to Castle Comb this Saturday and lets have some real fun !!!! Remember last yr (I am a C*nt) when I had a serious sideways at Camp ? PUN intended !!!:40oz:

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
just fire'd up my scooter,(been standing for a year) ready for the summer, found it can do doughnut's very nicely

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

A blast!

Trouble is hitting the pesky rev limiter!

Pulled a few several years back in the BMW 328...... Did kinda chew thru the tyres though. Most fun was a bit of waste ground in glasgow about twice the size of a football pitch which was used as a car park during the day....

Dead to the world at night, and plenty room for serious sideways fun. Sh**ty car, but great fun to throw about on the gravel.

Go on Isaac, give it some!

Could have some trouble on tarmac with the 4wd though unless you really cane it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
best way to do donuts in a R33 is 3/4 lock, 2nd gear, here's how:

drive into a car park in 2nd gear (approx 5mph) 3/4 lock it and
then increase the revs....... (no need to go over 5-6K)

car will lose traction and do very quick donuts:D

i've pretty much perfected it, wanna shoot some vids now!!!!!

ps another trick i've perfected, I call it the snake slide.....

1st gear get the car rolling (upto 10mph) put in 2nd gear,
clutch down, rev it to 5-6K and let it go, you'll spin the rears for
about 15 feet++:D

I call it the snake slide coz the rear sorta snakes a bit as it
slides along until you finally get some traction!!!!!

the amount it snakes around depends on how straight you
point the car.........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts