Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I better post up my Skyline project thread , so have a read and remember I have copied and pasted from another forum. Anyways enjoy.

:cool:

Well had my Skyline for almost 3 years now. Bought her from Marc Light of The Garage fame. She was pretty much a road legal drag car when I bought her and I ran her in this spec for quite a while.

Here's how she was when I first bought it.

First mods were a Jun carbon bonnet I still had from my previous Skyline, and changed the reg plate from J400PAN to L100USH as the previous owner wanted to keep the plate.

After a couple of months I decided to repaint the car. I had allways wanted a Gold Skyline after falling in love with the likes of the Top Secret Drag R Skyline, also wanted to personalise the car as it was so well known from Marc owning the car.
The colour I chose was House of Kolor Kandy Pagan Gold with rage spectraflash. The Bodyworx in Paisley painted the car for me and made a superb job graphics courtesy of Underground Graphics, and the car was debuted at Donny 05 in the top 50 cars in the UK.

While she was in the bodyshop I had the doors de-locked and de-handled , the front wings were custom vented , I had a NOS Purge kit fitted to the existing NOS Kit and I also made some mods inside by spraying part of the dash and I fitted another Sparco bucket seat.

Shown below are some pics of it fresh out of The Bodyworx.

I have kept the car the same visually since then but just adding some other small exterior mods such as a headlight vent , carbon fibre grill further styling in the engine bay, refurbed the wheels etc.

The engine spec is the same as when the car held the Uk record time for a rwd GTST which at the time was 11.0 secs dead on the 1/4 this has since been superseeded with a 9.9 I think by another GTST owner who has spent over 100K :shock: now has spaceframed the car. The only difference is the car is running about half the boost on the last rr day she ran 0.8 bar of boost which was mapped at 1.0bar but the boost controller was not functioning which I have since fixed when I stripped down the car. One of the quick coupler connections to the solenoid from the controller had come undone. Will get the car remapped for higher boost when she's back on the road.

I have also in the last year transformed the car to fast road spec by adding a superb OS Giken STR Twin plate Clutch instead of the Excedy Triple Plate this transformed the road manners of the car. Also running alot more user friendly diff and a new set of Tein Superstreet Coilovers instead of the Bilsteins with the raised rear platforms to accomodate the drag radials. Did various mods to the exhaust manifold last year as it was a bit troublesome blowing gaskets and stripping exhaust manifold studs this seems to have made the manifold alot less troublesome. Did quite a few bits and pieces to improve the engine bay looks aswell.

Here are some further pics;

My Skyline has been shown all over the UK in the past couple of years from Hot Import Nights in London to Max Power Live at the NEC in Birmingham in the Top 100 uk cars twice and loads of times at Crail. Picking up numerous trophies on the way at many shows. The car has been featured too many times to list in many mags and was even used for a tv program for STV which unfortunately was a disaster as the weather was awful and the filming had to be cancelled! lol

Plans for the facelift are;

New BN Sports Blister Kit , D1 Front Fibreglass wings , Wide rear 1/4 panels with the inner arches cut out for more clearance for the rear wheels and drag slicks if required. The interior is now stripped out , all carpets and sound deadening removed and stereo install removed. Basically all that will be inside are two seats and harnesses , door cards and rear cards , headlining , dash and centre console and a dash dodger full cage. Two new doors with handles instead of the de-locked doors. New house of kolor kandy paint job from Andy @ The Bodyworx.

Skyline should be completed by the end of the month. Then its time for it's MOT then back on the road.

Will add the old pics from my old project thread.

8)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a few pics of the BN Sports style kit thats going to be fitted. Borrowed from

http://www.bn-sports.co.jp

These are the front wings being fitted.

Here's the rear 1/4 panels being fitted to the car.

Bought the BN Kit and wings from Knight - Racer, thanks guys. An the rear 1/4's from Ziax, thanks!

I made a custom centre panel to house the Turbo Timer , Boost Controller and The Bee-R. Fit out of aluminium with a matt brushed finish.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought a cage aswell for the car. I know it's a dash dodger but I dont want to cut the dash just now and I am not aiming to get it up to EDC spec or anything just now.

Here's the cage.

Dash dodger will be fine as I am not trying to get the car to EDC spec.

Here's some old pics when I was hard at work stripping out the sound deadning.

Here's some other pics during the project and others to show how it looked before.

Heres the interior before:

And here its is stripped:

Exterior before:

And as it stands jus now:

and a few cheeky snaps of the engine bay:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's some pics of the bits of the dash and interior that have been flocked.

These old pics show some of the flocked interiror bits installed in the car and the new sparco wheel and drift button. Must mention Thacko here for lending a hand at this stage although this was a good few months ago! haha

Also bought a new set of eyebrows as the old set had seen better days.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's been a while since I updated my thread so here you go!!

Andy @ The Bodyworx has been busy busy working his magic!!

Test fitting of the 1/4's side skirts , rear bumper etc

Cut out in the side skirt for the Screamer pipe ;)

Fitting of the 1/4's

In Primer!!!!

It's now in colour and looks amazing!! Dont want to release the pictures of that yet so keep looking as it wont be long!!

8)

·
Registered
812 Posts
very impressive dude, love it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well got the Skyline back yesterday morning , it was a early start and a trip down to Andy @ The Bodyworx. There bright and early for bacon rolls and tea haha

Picked up the Skyline and headed over to Wishaw to see Marc @ The Garage for a MOT then back up the road to Aberdeen. It was a long day yesterday!!

Anyways here's some pics I took tonight.

Enjoy.

Comments welcome.

8)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
that looks amazing,did the fg gtr quarters need modding to fit with the bn sports kit?

·
360 TAG: vizibledog
775 Posts
The car looks cracking again doug. I seen it down at Andys a few months ago all stripped down. I couldn't believe you were changing it again but it looks ace mate. Are you planning to drift it?

Stevie

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car looks cracking again doug. I seen it down at Andys a few months ago all stripped down. I couldn't believe you were changing it again but it looks ace mate. Are you planning to drift it?

Stevie

Thanks Stevie!! Spotted your 34 at Knockhill for the EDC but didnt see you about or would have come over for a yap. Yeah I will hopefully get some drifting with the car. At what level I dont know , just for a bit of fun really.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's defintely Doug's skyline now!! Will keep my eye open for it prowling the streets of aberdeen :devil:

Where did you get the rear quarters by the way? Am looking for a set for my 32.

Cheers Darth! Yeah pretty much a different car. Not that I didnt like the do-luck kit as I did , I loved it, but was time for a change.

I got the 1/4's from Ziax.

Yeah keep your eyes peeled for it in Aberdeen , get an Aberdeen meet organised! When I am onshore of course lol

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Great project there Doug, she looks awesome :smoker:

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
very nice mate i have ur whiteline and bilstein set up on my skyline. As i bought it from Iain Gray he bought it from u a while back, was nice of him lol as i have a great setup ha ha

Car looks amazin really does u'd never put it together as marc's unless u read this post very very nice

·
bla
17,374 Posts
:drool:

But i gotta admit that i prefer the first color scheme..... Still a fantastic gts... Glad youve not gtr badged it :D

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Cheers Darth! Yeah pretty much a different car. Not that I didnt like the do-luck kit as I did , I loved it, but was time for a change.

I got the 1/4's from Ziax.

Yeah keep your eyes peeled for it in Aberdeen , get an Aberdeen meet organised! When I am onshore of course lol

Our monthly meets are being held down Perth just now. Check out the Scotland meets section and get your name down!

If there was call for it then i'm sure an off rota Aberdeen meet could be arranged, really fancy a gander at the new look in the flesh!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Thats a big project you got going there.

Personally i prefered the old kit and colour scheme, and i just couldnt rip an interior out that was that gorgeous.

Each to his own tho.

Just need to get that remap done now.

·
formerly known as mruk
3,942 Posts
great work :bigthumb: , it was looking a bit dated now imo ...its not a million miles from the direction mine is heading in, its good to see other projects like this as i can adjust my ideas for mine so it doesn't look the same.

RE: the Flocking.... did a mate of yours do this for you or did you get it fdone at a flocking place? How much do they charge for that sort of thing as i'd have no idea! :uhoh: I'm going to flock the hell out of mine eventually, its virtually all stripped

1 - 20 of 40 Posts