Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi whats a ok time for a 1/4 mile run in a standard r33 gtst? it was my 1st time on the track aswell and i had 7 runns and my best was 14.2....... any good????

·
Registered
352 Posts
hi whats a ok time for a 1/4 mile run in a standard r33 gtst? it was my 1st time on the track aswell and i had 7 runns and my best was 14.2....... any good????
That sounds OK for standard, I only managed 14.05 with stage 1 mods (no fuel management though and a slipping clutch which I trashed):mad:

·
Registered
968 Posts
Looking at most standard GTSTs times at the pod, yours was pretty good. Most were just over the 15 mark!

·
look its a skyline!
2,524 Posts
thats good, i managed a 14.5 with exhaust/filter, which leads to have you got the standard exhaust? i have a sumo decat and hks exhaust for sale if your interested, and live near you

·
Registered
968 Posts
Its real hard to get the traction down on a GTST as they spin up so easily. A pair of 17" higher profile tyres on the back with low pressure would help a great deal.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i think thats a pretty good time mate, specially for a stock gtst and it was your first time, like keith said you've got something to beat next time,well done!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys that makes me feel better, for any of you that saw my car on the club stand (was in and out all day sat) it was wearing ralley car tyres and wich were dead at the end of my 6 runs, bet they dint help, plus my gearbox is the wrong one for my car as its a non turbo box and the prop is to short for the car aswell all thanks to touqure of keaighly who supplied the car to me with the wrong transmition. so once thease thing are replaced over winter and the new rims go on with good rubber on the i should beat my time, plus i have a uprated fuel pump and boost controler to fit when i can be bothered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts