·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Mmm drifting... :drool: :D

I have only tried drifting once at one of the Option Motorsport days and all I can say it was bloody hard!! Getting more used to sliding it about now and am quite tempted to join the Silverstone lot next year and have another go, want shocks, springs and a front brace to go with my rear one first tho! :)

B

·
0 Posts
Hi Skip

is there a link for the option motorsport trackdays .. driftin is me thing

ta pal

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
been talking to a mate about doing a spot of drifting in a sh1ter
what sort of power and size of car would be needed?? maybe a 316 or s13 but there not cheap.
any ideas??

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
there was a bit on the last round of the option drift competition in the last banzai or jap performance and it looks like the old rwd corola gt seems to be the snotter of choice for drifting

B

·
0 Posts
hi skip ,

indeed i am .. do it a little in the REX but its not set up for it .. the new car is though :D

i'd be well up for it if anyone else fancies a little sideways action

:D :D

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
corrolas are dear and few and far between:( maybe a s13 or carlton gsi?? got to be cheap thats my main point lol

B

·
0 Posts
you must be able to pick up an s13 for around £1500 ? .. would a GSI be a bit too heavy and not enough power ??

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
we was thinking cheap £500 mark :) just incase we prang it lol;)
gsi's are good for 200bhp standard i have been told??

B

·
0 Posts
lol :D

true about the Gsi's but they are so damn heavy and wobbly i just can't see it making a decent drift car. You'd have to seriously sort the suspension ..

betcha you could pick up a "classic" shape BM 318is/320 for that kinda money ???

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
old shape supras are quite cheap, how bout a old shape mr2??
are mid engined cars any good at drifting?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Good S13s cost from £1500 (pay less and you can pay more later when it falls over). (Oh and if you buy from trade it'll cost more than £1500 and probably fall over anyway. I've seen so much rust being sold for more than that at dealers :mad: ...)

Great cars, well balanced, easy to tune up etc. Easy to catch the backend and control it too ;)

-d

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
my mrs has a mk1 mr2 and it seems a bit tricky on the limit - something to do with the short wheelbase - anyway when I try anything too clever in it I usually end up facing backwards , eninge stalled with the windscreen wipers going - the gtst is a bit more forgiving

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
I haven't seen any MR2 drift cars over here - by far the most popular are silvia's, 180sx's and older RX7's. Levins are also still going strong.

Also see a lot of Toyota Chasers and even Altezza's are starting to make appearances on local tracks now used prices are falling.

For beginners, something you don't mind destroying is highly advisable for practicing in. I have a small, local circuit a short drive from my place which is always popular with "beginner" drifters and just about every weekend someone manages to have a "mishap":D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
S13s can be had for next to no money if you dont mind a beater one, and for drifting you hardly want a show car anyway! One of the drift guys has a Sierra XR4i that he has welded the diff up and that is a superb drift wagon, 2.8i grunt and permanent locked diff! :D:D:D:D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do i feel someone trying to form SODC ?

B

·
0 Posts
lol :D no !

just thinkin of a day out .. .

cones & airfield (and perhaps a spare set of tyres) = happiness.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol shame.

I might be tempted to film some of you lot doing that :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts