Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drift-inc session 5 on Saturday 12th June @ Pembrey
Ok so we are pleased to start the entry list for our 5th practise day of the year.
Looking ahead to our round of the ODC on 19th July we are pleased to announce a track layout change, making it faster and more exciting
Gates open at 8am
Driver / safety briefing at 9am
Track opens at 9.30 am, we run till 5pm
We will run as we have up till now, clockwise in the morning and anti clockwise in the afternoon.
All levels of experience welcome with free tuition available if required, dont be afraid to ask.. we all started somewhere

Same price as always, £55 payable through paypal
We charge £10 for extra driver, payable on the day.

For more details/how to pay and list of paid drivers go our website,
www.drift-inc.co.uk

We have 25 spaces and 5 reserve places so get on the list to avoid dissapointment. This will be the last chance to practise this track before our ODC round on 19th July.

1. GETitSIDEways... ( ? )
2. Gordon gtec...(Skyline r33)

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
i tried gettin interest from this lot a while back for the earlier sessions. looks like no one in wales cares about drifting or having any cheap fun for that matter :D:D LOL. I will be there, if only to see Jono in his drifty truck havin a go!!

Come on guys get involved its rather addictive :smoker:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I'd love to go on track but i'm crap at drifting, (keep spinning out and hitting things). :sorry: got a few questions though:
1) how big is the track?
2) do they have strict noise regs? (cos mines a tad loud)
3) do you have to drift?
wouldn't mind going around if the tracks big enough.
Thanks, Deathwish

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
its a shortish track, plenty of width and great for beginners, in fact most there are. Be as loud as you bloody well like :D its all about the skidding. Plus there's usually 2 or 3 r33's there with advice and pointers.

they try to have a session every month sometimes more often if the tracks available. Keep posted on the site for updates.

Would be good to see ya there Neil not seen the car yet :)

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
Just a quick update for you guys who didnt make it.

Didnt manage to get any pics, was too busy chasing a toddler LOL but was a really good turn out, you all missed a good show, few spills, plenty of off roading too :rofl: sun was out and the tyre van was kept busy too!!

Have to say a big :cheers: to Gav and DJ and the guys for setting up another great day, hope to get my ass in the seat one day, but as bloody usual pennies keep me out :( and the driving skills of the new guys is getting rather impressive too in just a few sessions mainly due to the stacks of seat time you get every time :bigthumb:

So anyone thinking of giving it a go then there's no better way to learn, and it dont need to be ya pride an joy you trash just get a 320i from the breakers pull it straight and get skidding :D

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
i should have been there to watch but i didnt wake up till halfway through the day hahaha.
should be along to the next one though i wont be driving,good bunch of people and its about all wales has for drifty fun

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, you guys missed out an a fab day!
Those of you worried about knocking your car... don't granted I'm not drifting the RX, but there is plenty of room there to allow you to spin out.... I should know, done it a few times in the truck! LOL
Also any new comers will be taken around & shown the ropes by a competant drifter, giving you pointers as you go around the track. to be honest with you, I've only had about 5 hrs seat time (over 4hrs of it was at this one) and I'm starting to get it.... not great, but I'm skidding. I am only drifting the 2 main corners which are 180 degree bends with plenty of space.... The top speed I'm getting to is about 45 -50mph but drifting it at about 30mph... so it's not high speed stuff, although there are a few people there topping out in 3rd in R33's, silvias etc, but they are traveling no quicker than 35mph (ground speed) in the bends...just making loooooads of smoke! LOL

Here are a few pics of my beast and a few other shots:

Our tyres at the end of the day:

Not bad considering we have only done it for 1 1/2 hours before this event! LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
jono fd3!! how the devil are you boy?! didn't know you'd appear on this website? u have to own a proper car for that.. how's ya poxy rx7 doin? u ever gonna drift that around the track? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts