Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have an automatic? My skyline has a tiptronic box which is great for normal blasting about I love it to bits but I think its restricting my abilities. I have no option of clutch kicks or e-brake. all I've really been able to do so far is power overs which is ok but dosn't seem to be able to really get me into slides. More like kicking the back end out for a few seconds round a corner.

I know theres braking and feint drifts but they dont seem to be too suitable for begineers

Does anyone have any tips? I'm saving for an LSD which should help compared to the standard open diff.

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Feint + Power over should see you sideways but i think it'll be more to do with your diff. i think you would be better practicing on a wet track

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Feint + Power over should see you sideways but i think it'll be more to do with your diff. i think you would be better practicing on a wet track
:iagree:

wait until winter and turn tcs :devil:

Also. Down shift a gear using the tiptronic and this should stick all the weight to the front of the car.

By the way. You sure you want to be practicing this in a big old R34? Go get a cheap S13 200sx (like I did) so when you crash it (like I did) you don't mind :)

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that is a worry Ryan, would consider it if I could spare any more money each month on car stuff :p

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Yeah that is a worry Ryan, would consider it if I could spare any more money each month on car stuff :p
Ford sierra or E30 bmw with welded diff. Cheap as chips

1 - 5 of 5 Posts