Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting some of these as my car started missing top end and i have refurbed the coilpacks and sparkplugs but i think they both need changing after a very long life.
the thing is i don't want standard packs and plugs as they are rubbish and don't want to spend loads of spitfires so the driftwork wastespark coilpacks look to be the ideal thing as they are under half the price of the spitfire packs.
also whats good cheap plugs for a stage one r33 gtst?

·
Registered
26 Posts
we put a set on my girl's cefiro , rb20 , made a huge improvement in responsiveness and it feel's much smoother right through the full range!!!

our only issue was the length of the ht leads , they are hoooooooge!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
DW's are good, but they create unnecesary spark. instead of one spark every 4 cycles on the tdc of the compression cycle, it sparks on the compression cycle and the tdc of the exhaust cycle... creating more heat. but it burns off access fuel.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah it sounds a better setup than standard but not quite as good as spitfires but with the price to match the upgrade.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i think its worth the money. not sure where u can find info on it. try driftworks.com

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone got pics of them fitted aswell as i have seen one set and they look really untidy!
its have the price of spitfires and that is good but im not sure which to go for as spitfries i think are over priced like most skyline stuff but again i don't want something that doesn't work

·
Registered
237 Posts
anyone got pics of them fitted aswell as i have seen one set and they look really untidy!
its have the price of spitfires and that is good but im not sure which to go for as spitfries i think are over priced like most skyline stuff but again i don't want something that doesn't work
i was advised not not fit the drift works kit by a friend he had a bad experance with(the coil pacs)not driftworks... i ended up fitting a second hand std coil pack to cure mine then i gaped my plugs to .8 and it cured my problems i know its a quick fix but it will do till i can afford spitfires

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its not worth me going for standard packs as they are crap but what was said about the driftworks setup as im not to sure on them and i think they look messy to

·
Registered
237 Posts
its not worth me going for standard packs as they are crap but what was said about the driftworks setup as im not to sure on them and i think they look messy to
my advise is save ur money and buy spitfires mate i know the std are crap i think better going with whats proven i think..... ive done a lot of thinking about this...

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Personally i dont think even the std coil packs are bad, on both my cars they've had the std originally coils on them at 14years old and only needed replacing because i asked them to do more and run more power.

On mine i've been running new std coils for just over 3 years and over 400bhp and there still going strong, i'm sure i will at some point upgrade to splitfires but not just yet.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
any more thoughts on these/
waste of £145 or not as i don't want to spend loads and spitfires are double the price!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Splitfires are £267 delivered, which personally i think are worth that little bit extra over the driftworks set up, but if you really dont wanna spend it then i'd go with them.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where is that from bruce?
i am sure i can make something up otherwise like you said andy.

·
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have just seen what these are made from aswell and i could make myself them for a lot less.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Ebay for the coil packs there always on there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts