Discussion Starter #1
Got my new mad front bumper! Yippee!!

:D

J.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gaz at Japsalon made it for me. It's a 400R bumper.

J.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, Eibach lowering springs. Now I have to reverse park everywhere! Oh well never mind...

J.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did it for handling reasons. I was used to an MR2 and driving the Skyline was like driving a Vauxhall Omega - waaay too much body roll. The springs made it like an MR2 again. It's a bit of a hard ride now - have to really watch out for pot holes and the like, but hell - it's not exactly a normal car now is it?

Also Sarkys front end is lower than mine and he seems to be ok.

J.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much clearance you got at the moment?

J.

·
Registered
18 Posts
these photos don't do it justice, it looks far better in the flesh...and when the suns shining it sparkles...

is the silicone still on the pavement ?

L : )

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hmmm 3 inches clearance now minus another inch and a bit? Not really a good idea me thinks. Get your tape measure out and check properly before you decide.

L - yeah 4 patches just like you left them.

J.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Hey Jamie,
Seriously nice bit of kit. Much respect.
I know its a real problem having such low clearence on the front splitter. I measured mine and adjusted the ride height so that it would just clear the standard rubber sleeping policemen they put on access roads to car parks. Also managed to find one multistory carpark in Cardiff that has ramps shallow enough not to ground the front end every time I visit. Its a pain in the a.... but worth it for the looks.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did you adjust the ride height? You got adjustable suspension?

J.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Fill the back of it with expanding foam, I found on both the 400R front and the Do-Luck one that they tend to split either side just below where they bolt onto the wings.

I am guessing its the air pressure pushing against the front when at speed that causes it. I filled the back of it with foam and on the 400R one put two center braces in running from the front cross member to the lower lip of the valance.

Or you could just drive slower but that kinda just spoils the fun :p

Looks good though :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts