Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My drivers side window switch is playing up. It controls the passenger window fine but the drivers window sometimes doesnt work - however it does if I twat the doorcard.

Before I spend un-neccesary money, is it likely that it is a faulty switch?

Cheers all

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Sounds like a faulty connection rather than switch. If it works with a quick thump LOL

·
Seasoned Member
2,904 Posts
mine did the same i have new switch on order now because it stopped working full stop the bushes burnt out in the motor .
rplaced the bushes and it started working again but still had a stop start problem
i am hopeing with the new switch it will be cured

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just think it is weird that one side works and the other doesnt.

The bulb was replaced on the drivers side window button a while back though - maybe that damaged the connection on that switch?

Hmmmm

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had the relay go bad on the wifes R32, sometimes the thing would work, sometimes not. Worked better when the car was warmed up. Hitting the door card with my fist seemed to help as well. Replaced the relay and all is well.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Remove the doorcard and you'll find a little black window control unit. Unplug the box and shake it to see if it rattles.
This is quite common to go on the Skyline.

Switches also go faulty sometimes but seeing as you can get the window to work with a twat on the doorcard, then it seems like the control unit is at fault.

Hope this helps

Hi guys,

My drivers side window switch is playing up. It controls the passenger window fine but the drivers window sometimes doesnt work - however it does if I twat the doorcard.

Before I spend un-neccesary money, is it likely that it is a faulty switch?

Cheers all

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Remove the doorcard and you'll find a little black window control unit. Unplug the box and shake it to see if it rattles.
This is quite common to go on the Skyline.

Switches also go faulty sometimes but seeing as you can get the window to work with a twat on the doorcard, then it seems like the control unit is at fault.

Hope this helps
As it turns out it is this that is faulty... any ideas on where I can get a replacement?

Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts