Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m Australian and coming to Europe in a month for 3 or 4 months travelling I want to buy a r32 gtr and drive all over Europe. Is this possible are there any countries in Europe that I cannot drive a gtr.
Also does anyone know a good site that has listings of all track days over Europe

Would appreciate any help or suggestions (tracks to go places/events to see)

Thanks

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
welcome to the forum mate, there are no laws against driving in certain types of cars, no skyline-free zones so shouldnt be a problem, biggest problem you will have is getting a decent 32 GTR, insuring it and taxing it depending on where u buy it from.

as for tracks there are loads, Spa, Nurburgring, Jerez, Catayunla, Le Mans, Silverstone, Monza, loads to choose from, just check out the F1 / Moto GP calendars and fixture lists and pick a track they are not on at the same time as u

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
no problems as long as you realise they break a lot,nobody will tell you this before you buy one lol,but if your handy with a spanner or loaded its the way to go!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Do you think a skyline r33 rb25det, can run for 6 hours straight at 130mph, with 10min intervals to fill up and let the engine cool down, every 150-200miles.

Im taking the skyline down to croatia, and want to get there fast.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you think a skyline r33 rb25det, can run for 6 hours straight at 130mph, with 10min intervals to fill up and let the engine cool down, every 150-200miles.

From where are you starting your journey?

130mph - only German autobahns will be legit for that speed, otherways
130km/h on freeways.

can't see any problem for any engine to do the job as long as it has been maintained ok...

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Im not 100% on this, but wouldnt you want a decent fmic? I can see intake temps getting quite high with driving like that! Just a though.... ?
Maybe the stock one can handle it but a fmic will definitely help

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Would'nt it be on boost at 130mph? Would a full tank last 6 hours of continuous driving at that speed? :p

·
Registered
708 Posts
if you "want to get there fast".......get a plane.
Getting to a destination with friends is as good as being in the destination with friends.

Im starting from london, driving through germany, down to austria and then into croatia.
1100miles, almost half of that is in germany, so I should be able to do a bit there.
I have just raised the bonnet slightly using washers to let the engine keep cool, and brought AA european breakdown cover (just in case).

Cheers for the advice guys.

·
gttjohn
953 Posts
9 of us did it for 4 hours recently at 180 kph most of the time yeah they do get hot all of us made it we had a gtr 32 ,gtr 33, gtt ,gtst , amongst us i personaly wouldnt do it mate just leave two hours earlier and travel at 120 kph for ever

·
Registered
708 Posts
just got back from croatia, 3500miles in total.
some amazingly dangerous roads.

The skyline didnt give me any hassle, drove constantly for 150mile periods, with 15min break to fill up and rest engine.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It took about 15hours their, and 15 back.
fuel was probably about 600.
Germany had the most expensive fuel, fill up as much as possible before you hit germany.
Croatia, austria, ljublanja, bosnia and montenegro had the cheapest fuel. probably around 0.9pounds per litre.
But the main problem is the lack of high octane, I had to use some rubbish Super 95 Plus or something. Knock reading read a bit higher, so i just made sure I didnt boost the car too much.

The front bumper is now painted and fixed, wish I had done it on the trip.
Its amazing how many germans came to my window, knocked and asked me to rev the car. Think they dont get many skylines there.

Was there for a week, the tunnels in austria, were amzing, think the longest I went throught was around 6km, but they were just one after another.
Infact I saw a skyline in Austria at the petrol station, not sure if it belongs to any one on here.
It was a grey R33 Skyline GTST, looked standard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts