Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pinballer Hero
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been nicked for breaking speed limit through these tunnels?
Are the Tunnel Rats strict or can you get away with it very late at night?
If they didn't have radar up, it's just the surveillance footage on the CCTV they could perhaps view, but don't imagine speed being able to be calculated sufficiently on that.

B

·
0 Posts
laurence m8 ... im guessin what you are doin 'ere :D

Liverpool aint Tokyo though and there are police at each end .. if they spot what you are doing its a simple case of pullin you up when you come out the tunnel .. i wouldnt chance it m8

S

·
0 Posts
this is why dartford tunnel is perfect, long, straight, and no cctv. I'm sure they are not stupid as I'm sure they can hear you from outside

B

·
0 Posts
im assumin he's trying to replicate the wangan stuff on the bayshore route .. however the tunnels on the Tokyo/Yokohama expressway are fairly short and part of one very big road ... leaving you plenty of space should you bump into the police .. the mersey tunnels are the exact opposite ... there's police on both ends and at the liverpool end you come out right into the city centre .. not much better on the Birkenhead side.

we were in an RX7 a year or so back on the bayshore route .. only just over the speed limit (80kmh), crept past a police car and the lights went on .. i shat myself and our driver said "**** it .. they aint gonna catch us" .. now you'll understand he said it in Japanese so i didn't have a clue what was going on .. he just floored it and off we went .. the police didnt stand a chance .. sounds bonkers i know but i kid you not.

·
Pinballer Hero
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
;)

I was up there last Tues Night to scope it out...

They were doing some repairs on the Queensway so we didn't open it right up. The sound and sensation of going through even at half chat is heaven...

We popped out and there were a lot of Tunnelrats and Repair workers near the toll to get out...but they just stood there staring.

The tunnels by Manchester Airport Cargo Entrance prooved to be a bit too well guarded....i.e... they got us :(

I just wanted to know really if anyone has had a speeding ticket through the Mersey Tunnels?

PS. We'll post some footage when we do it.

PPS. Steve, you've lived the dream already mate! :cool:

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
What about hatfield tunnel on the A1? I remember a maxflower video of a skyline going thru at close to 200mph!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
LAURENCE said:
;)The tunnels by Manchester Airport Cargo Entrance prooved to be a bit too well guarded....i.e... they got us :(
****, that used to be my favourite Monaco experience!

·
Banned
3,478 Posts
The Blackwall Tunnel in london is fantastic to drive through - did it last year with a whole bunch of other jap cars to promote that game Juiced, then convoyed around leicester square...was all pretty cool! :smoker:

·
Registered
383 Posts
The mersey tunnel leaks... the road surface is usually wet and they are both pretty bendy... Ive been through at 70 (very quiet) and no one bothered me...
Just have your £1.30 ready when you come out...

by the way CHRIS1970..... you are a tit

·
Pinballer Hero
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hatfield Tunnel A1..yes I have heard it's a great stretch of road, really want to drive it one day, but my racing club is pretty much located other end of the country. We'll have to go down for a speedy visit one day in future. 200mph Skyline through there? surely that was in JPN when Max Power were filiming their Beasts from the East DVD when they met Nagata-san at TopSecret? I did hear Max Power filmed and photographed an Evo going quick (180+) through the Hatfield Tunnel?

Sensory!

I did notice lying water in the tunnel when we were entering.. didn't even want to start thinking that the tunnel actually leaks...not when you're just winding up for a big run through there!

I doubt we'd get bothered as long as we weren't pratting about changing lanes and there was zero traffic...would need to be quick getting through the Tunnel like you said Bingo! lol.

Not heard much about the Blackwall Tunnel...how long is it and where abouts in London?

The Conway Tunnel in North Wales is good fun too!

At least you're not likely to hit pedestrians/schoolchildren/animals....well.. maybe a cod in the Liverpool Tunnels by the sounds of the crazy leaks they have ! lol

Liverpool City is absolutely beautiful at night.. the landscape and architecture is amazing.

Check this photo out we took when we found a quiet out of the way place for our gang to meet up after the run:

not our litter by the way.

·
Big is beautiful
5,275 Posts
done 160 in a local tunnel, pretty awesome, that was in the days when i was naughty though (last week) :)

·
Pinballer Hero
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HEHE nice one dude. It's great fun. Wind the windows down and bury the throttle! Think I know your nearest Tunnel mate! Will have to take a visit down there one evening!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Bingo5 said:
The mersey tunnel leaks... the road surface is usually wet and they are both pretty bendy... Ive been through at 70 (very quiet) and no one bothered me...
Just have your £1.30 ready when you come out...

by the way CHRIS1970..... you are a tit
BINGO5 GET YOURSELF A SENSE OF HUMOUR.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts