Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya i have a r33 gtst and have problems driving in a straight line, everytime i press the gas it just swings out, ive tried putting wide 255 45 r18 on the back but still swings... Any suggestions???

·
Administrator
25,972 Posts
dont floor the accelerator???

·
living the life
2,544 Posts
seriously had the same problem and rear shockers were fecked but changed them for coilovers and never had problems since

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Hiya i have a r33 gtst and have problems driving in a straight line, everytime i press the gas it just swings out, ive tried putting wide 255 45 r18 on the back but still swings... Any suggestions???

These cars have more than enough power to break traction easily, if you can't control your right foot enough to stop that happening you need to buy a Toyota Corolla.... Seems a Skyline is not for you.

If I'm off the mark there, maybe explain what is happening in much more detail. None of us have a crystal ball.
What mods do you have?
Manual/auto?
What suspension?
etc

·
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(
3,080 Posts
Is ti constant or just happens occasionally? I have a similar problem on some roads where there is a slight camber because lorrys drive in the same place all the time...

·
9,198 Posts
Is ti constant or just happens occasionally? I have a similar problem on some roads where there is a slight camber because lorrys drive in the same place all the time...
That sounds more like tramlining!

·
Car work on a budget, a very SMALL budget :(
3,080 Posts
If thats what its called :) I never use the first lane of the motorway because of this... Doesnt happen anywhere else, just the damn flattened bits :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
What kind of tyres have you got on the back mate, my old car was like that, even pulling away at low speeds was a challenge in the wet.

·
9,198 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What kind of tyres have you got on the back mate, my old car was like that, even pulling away at low speeds was a challenge in the wet.
I have premium continental sport contact 2 on the back

·
Registered
468 Posts
are you planting your foot hard? i used to do this a lot and not realize. since then i have managed to get to know my car by listening to the turbo and the spool i can now control the back end and drive in a straight line pull. it was all down to me hittin the gas too hard gettin too exited cos the power was there, now i kinda just ease it down at half the plant speed i used too and its noticably faster and and goes up through the boost just aswell.

give it ago see if it helps wont hurt.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
We need to know more. Are you going WOT or just pressing the gas a little? Are you losing traction...is it squirming at the rear? Are you doing this in wet or/and dry?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I would go and have the tracking checked out first along with a good check of all the steering and suspension component ( front and rear ). It only needs to be out by a small amount to make the car feel out of shape .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts