Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blimy im on a posting mission today! (alone in the office...)

Has anyone fitted a duct to the SMIC? to maximise air flow through it? I notice at the moment it is not fitted straight (guessing because of the space restriction) so could i make a duct to channel all air entering the "zone" through the SMIC? would this be worth doing? or has it not been done before?

any ideas peeps?

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
reviving the old post!

So has no one done this then? im gonna have a look tonight and see what can be done, working on my logic from watercooling PC's if you fit a shroud/duct onto a PC rad it can make a big difference in temperature, (due to air being forced through the rad) so this should work for the SMIC too?

also what power is the SMIC good for? (im aiming for 300 ATF, 260ish at the wheels) I'm thinking it should be fine for this but i would like to maximise airflow to it,

alos what about the poss of moving it forward so that it is straight in the first place?

any ideas?

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i thaught about the R34 one but they seem to be a bit hard to find,

at the weekend im going to give the ducting a go, see if i can make a template, I just dont see the need to get a full front mount as i only want 300 that is my target (nuff for me!)

anyone know of a R34 WMIC going spare? (what sort of cost) and how easy are they to fit??

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the other option is something like this:-

Link

just would need to get some custom pipework made, to link up to the original pipe's.

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have been looking into this also. It appreas that it would not take very much to increase the size of the duct so that all air is channelled on to the face of the SMIC. Perhaps it may be worth reviewing how the air gets OUT also. cooling is a result of air passing the fins on the SMIC so there may be a modification to the venting behind the SMIC required.

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
at the moment it escapes via the vents in the splash guard, these could be opened up to allow better flow, should be good if all air going in the front vent is channeled through the SMIC.

Cheers
Dazzler

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im thinking that if we can get this rigged up and write a how-to on it then it is a good mod for those like my self that dont want crazy power but want to maximise what they have, and achieve a nice round 300ish

Cheers
Dazzler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.