Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Was having a poke around while fitting my grounding kit and noticed the *ahem* interesting plumbing on my Blitz dump valve. Now, I'm new to dump valves and was wondering if this pipework looks right to you guys?

In the first pic the black hose connected to the t piece goes to the top of the dump valve. The second pic shows what me and my mate think is a 'boost jet' (he played with them on his old 300ZX). This leads onto my second question, after hooking up his spare boost gauge we found that I am hitting 10 psi over 5k rpm. Now, as far as I am aware the turbo is std so is it likely that this 'boost jet' is causing the high boost?

Oh, the standard recirc valve is still plumbed in.

Cheers :):)

Attachments

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
ooo ooo i know i know

does the little pipe have drilled holes in it? if so its the crude version of a bleed valve, cover up more holes = more boost, expose more = less boost

they do work but are quite crude

maybe try replacing the vac line with one piece and see what you boost at

·
Mid Life Crisis Owner
938 Posts
Certainly "not necessary" to have both the standard re-circ AND an aftermarket BOV plumbed in - but I don't know whether it'll have any adverse effects. :confused:

10psi boost is less than 0.7 bar - isn't that the standard 2nd stage boost level on a GTS-T?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Certainly "not necessary" to have both the standard re-circ AND an aftermarket BOV plumbed in - but I don't know whether it'll have any adverse effects. :confused:

10psi boost is less than 0.7 bar - isn't that the standard 2nd stage boost level on a GTS-T?
I've got an FMIC on the way and will probably get rid of the BOV then anyway and revert it back to the recirc only.

I read somewhere on here that standard boost was 5 psi up to 7 psi on the second stage so thought I was running high boost. Maybe they meant 0.5 to 0.7 bar!

Cheers for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts