Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi iv currently got an hks ssqv on my gts-t, but im after a different sound!
Iv heard clips of like a 'dove' sort of sound (sorry but i dont know what its called) lol.
Can anybody tell me what this is called and where i can get 1 from, how much etc.

Cheers Rob

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
you can change the inserst of the ssq to get a different sound though i think you mean a flutter noise,this is the turbine stopping/slowing as air is pushed back through it,mine now does this with an ssq after fitting a front mount intercooler

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
There's no such thing. That's just a term that gets bandied about but doesn't have any basis in reality.
The fluttering sound is the air going backward through the intake pipe, getting chopped up as it passes back through the turbo blades, then expelled out out the air filter.
As the air goes back through, the turbine is spinning one way, the air is trying to force it the other, so over time it could possibly put some stress on the blades.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There's no such thing. That's just a term that gets bandied about but doesn't have any basis in reality.
The fluttering sound is the air going backward through the intake pipe, getting chopped up as it passes back through the turbo blades, then expelled out out the air filter.
As the air goes back through, the turbine is spinning one way, the air is trying to force it the other, so over time it could possibly put some stress on the blades.

Yeah, wastegate chatter

·
Registered
311 Posts
was wondering what that noise was since i fit my fmic. Sounds the business. Makes the car sound much more powerful under light acceleration.

·
dawnseeker
268 Posts
I had a turbosmart supersonic dump valve on my MR2 turbo !
It made that sound as you slowly lift your foot from the accelerator . .all the time !!! However, the main problem I had, was that the dump valve itself sounded like a s0dding steam iron !!!!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If its the "dove" sound your after. what you actually need is a "dove valve"
not to be confused with a taking a "dump valve"..
or if you prefer ducks you could get a "duck valve" if your into that sort of
thing.

Mmmmeeeooowww...

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
heard the "duck" valve on youtube.funny as fcuk.

·
Registered
610 Posts
BANG!! thats what may happen after u break the ceramic blades

·
Tyne/Wear/Tees Arse Rep/Gtr Shop Rep
11,412 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts