Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
blitz do the loudest....hks is a sweet noise...had one on the pulsar...sheepdog dumpvalves are relatively cheap....choice is yours really....all much of a muchness...I think it comes down to noise value....do ya want it laaaaaaaauuuuuuuuud...chussssssss

B

·
0 Posts
hi tigger,

please forgive me if this is a stoopid question but I drove a very modified skyline a while back and it sort of made a low pitched sucking sound of noise then a loud woosh (this is v.difficult to describe :D)

is that something in addition to a BOV then ?

Steve *im learning* Brooks

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Depends whether you want a re-circ or atmospheric dump valve. The latter is noisier but the former is "more efficient" due to the fact it directs the gasses back to the turbo, bit less lag.

Check similar threads at bottom .

B

·
0 Posts
so is a re-circ valve what i may have heard .. where it seems to make two sorts of noise ??

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I've got a HKS superpowerflow induction and a HKS ssq Bov
Whilst accelerating the filter makes a very low loud sucking noise and then when shifting the ssq makes a v.loud tschhhhhhh.
Mines got a purple insert which is supposed to make the deepest tschhhh, but it still seems quite high to me. My little girl says I've got a Budgie under the bonnet!

Japandy on Ebay sells loads of Ssq's, they go for about a ton

B

·
0 Posts
now thats what i want !! .. the hks gear .. .. erm .. not a budgie ..

Ta pal

B

·
0 Posts
the GTS-t i want has a Cockpit Racing Hybrid Turbo with Garret steel internals ...

so with an open wastegate does it make a completely different noise ??

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I've got the Blitz dual drive on mine and it is LOUD!!:cool: Of course, it can all depend on how much boost you run. Also, what car you put it on. One dump valve doesn't necessarily sound the same from one car to another.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The HKS - makes loadsa of different sounds :D -

In fact I wold describe them as oddly hypnotic and urge you todrive faster just to hear the wooooooosh!

Its the one I would get if I had the cash!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thats what I was asking. I cannot see the R32 GTST being much different. Is yours a 2 litre ?
Yes it is. But as well as the level of boost affecting the sound, so can the type of induction kit. Maybe nothing drastic, but it does make a difference. Not sure about the Blitz, but you can get different springs for the HKS DV to change the noise.

·
Ok Penelope!
382 Posts
excuse my ignorance here, but i was wondering..

I've brought a Blitz bov, and get the big wooosh!,

although i was actually after the shh,sshh,sshh, sound.

does anyone know how i would achieve this?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I've also just fitted an apexi filter and it makes a lovely

wwwwoooooooosssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh on intake

now i think i will go for the HKS dump like you all suggest
:):):):)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts