Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

can a dump valve be fitted to an auto, if so is it worth being an auto (would it sound right) is it expensive.

cheers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yes it can, it wont dump on gear changes as you don't release the throttle but it will sound when you back off.

Complete waste of time and money, though

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
My friend has an auto with a re-circ dump valve and has blocked off the return pipe so it dumps to atmosphere.

Check if yours has one already?:dogpile:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
441 Posts
because it would do a much better job as a recirc and all it's doing now is making a noise.

Don't believe in them myself

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx for the replys,

can you tell me if it worth while changing from a standard back box to gain a bit more sound from the exhaust or again would it not sound right with the car being an auto.

sorry for so many questions, but i dont want to do anything to harm the look or the sound of such a brilliant car.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Hi matey,

Do you have N/A OR A TURBO (GTS-T).

If you have a turbo then a full system is recommended to let the turbo fully breathe and an induction kit also.

Just a back box wouldnt really give a performance hike but may look/sound a lil better.:dogpile:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
because it would do a much better job as a recirc and all it's doing now is making a noise.

Don't believe in them myself
Yeh I agree, its personal preferance though eh.:gay:

Re-circ will help to keep the turbo spinnin. :dogpile:

·
Registered
95 Posts
re-circ will also introduce already heated air back into your cold air system, only to be heated again, so vta (vent to atmosphere) isnt such a bad idea afterall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts