Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am new to this forum and my knowledge in this area is limited... Please help!!! :crazy:

I am having trouble finding info about replacing the stock re-circulating dump valve on my RB20DET.

Will replacing the re-circulating dump valve with an atmospheric dump valve alter performance? if so in what way?

I hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Well i'll be jiggered!
1,498 Posts
Hiya,

I'm still very new to this too so i might be corrected by one of the much more knowkedgable guy's or girl's on here.

I fitted a Blitz atmospheric dump valve last night to my r33 GTSt and firstly the noise is mental - i just drove round for 40 minutes listening to it!!!!!!! :crazy:

Since fitting it the car feel's more eager to boost but i don't think there is any real performance gain to fitting it though.

:D

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info fellas..... Much apperciated.

Im definately only interested in the performance gains so maybee it will be best if i upgrade the re-circulating dump valve.... Unless someone out thare suggests otherwise!!!!!

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
As I hear it, the stock factory one will do you for well over 300hp. But there's no harm in buying another. I have the Blitz one on mine, certainly looks better under there than the manky factory one.

·
R32 GTS-T
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean......... The factory valve is a bit manky (Good description Mark). Well that has cleared that up for me........ Cheers fellas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
An uprated valve does make a sweet sound but after a while it can actually get annoying (example: driving to nuburgring and back it was definately getting on my nerves and it wasn't even my car). To be honest if you are going to do one i would wait until you actually need it, but that is only my personal opinion!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts