Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car to Rising Sun ('92 R32 GTS-t), replaced fuel pump (installed a Walbro) and re-mapped the standard ECU. My engine mods are full decat exhaust (not turbo elbow and downpipe), and Apexi induction.

Before it went in it was at 150bhp (i know :screwy: hahaha), after the re-map it was 218bhp. Is this figure what you would expect to see? Some people on here have managed quite a bit more with the same mods.

·
Registered
610 Posts
dunno how u had such low powerfigures... i had about 140ish bhp when i bought my car from someone who doesn't know cars. then i put a little time and money in it, and now its sitting near 300 bhp untuned. i guess it depends from car to car and what mods u have on.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel pump was kaput and the pressure was really low so it was running stupidly lean. As soon as the new pump went in the figures shot up. I knew it was bolloxed that's why I took it in. I'd like to get some more out of it though. FMIC, boost comtrol and downpipe methinks. I'm off to rob a bank. (not really - just read the thread about police monitoring the forums hahaha)

·
Registered
610 Posts
with stock boost, a great setup, and nice new tub, u can see about 300. maybe even more after a good tune. i suggest swapping out all the easy little things as u can. thats what i did.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
with stock boost, a great setup, and nice new tub, u can see about 300. maybe even more after a good tune. i suggest swapping out all the easy little things as u can. thats what i did.
What figures are you seeing and what mods have you got?

·
Registered
733 Posts
R33 GTS-T auto (ok not a 32, but just for comparison), std ECU, std Turbo, walbro fuel pump, Profec spec B boost controller 0.8bar, HKS Induction, HKS cat-back exhaust was running approx 300bhp atf, so reckon 218 is a wee bit low.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i just have apexi induction, ebay elbow, and downpipe, RRC titanium mid and back box. 4" through. garret 2510, walbro 255lph fuel pump, huge ebay FMIC, NGK 1 step colder iridiums, and apexi safc 2. oh, and the decals add 5 hp each... :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have NGK Iridiums and Splitfire coilpacks too.........hmmm.........

·
Registered
610 Posts
teh plugs and packs themselves wont make much of a difference in power. the splitfires may cause a slight increase in power as it creates a hotter spark to burn more fuel.

·
Registered
50 Posts
R33 GTS-T auto (ok not a 32, but just for comparison), std ECU, std Turbo, walbro fuel pump, Profec spec B boost controller 0.8bar, HKS Induction, HKS cat-back exhaust was running approx 300bhp atf, so reckon 218 is a wee bit low.
true but remember his is a 32 not a 33 so only a 2.0L

its got a filer and exhaust and isnt far off standard powers.

not bad considering its been running lean for a while as your said and its an old car

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
For a 32 i'd say your figers aren't that bad.

Get some good mods on there and your see the figures rise nicely.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, that's the plan. I've sent you an email for prices hahahahaha.

·
Registered
733 Posts
true but remember his is a 32 not a 33 so only a 2.0L

its got a filer and exhaust and isnt far off standard powers.

not bad considering its been running lean for a while as your said and its an old car
Ah, good point, was being a numpty there!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey vintoni,
i have a R32 GTS-T..um mines hasnt got as many mods as yours, all ive got is a de-cat pipe and full cat back exhaust system even thats a crapy POWERFLOW ONE, and some Crapy Induction kit ( some universal thing )..i have just had the car about 4 weeks and got i dynod last weekend and it was pushing 250BHP.. and about 350BHP..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts