Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and got the nistune type 2 board. Took my car to get dyno tune yesterday 8/22... dyno is dyno jet . First pull 141 . 2nd pull Tuner put 20% fuel in went to 200 . 3rd pull did 10% fuel down to 171. Says the car isnt getting fuel. Never looked that the fuel filter. Car is a 93. Have to get a fuel filter (any Recommendations would be helpful) and get my injectors cleaned but thinking of getting new injectors.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm surprised your tuner fitted and mapped the Nistune without checking these things. The tuner I'm using wouldn't touch mine unless I could confirm that I had changed the coilpacks, spark plugs, fuel filter and fuel pump recently.

The fuel filter is the same on all RB engines I think, accessed from the top of the engine bay next to the left strut tower.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a set of these injectors

And a fuel pressure regulator

Hope that's all to get the car dyno tune

·
Registered
97 Posts
Might be worth changing the fuel pump as well, they are fairly cheap and may help you make power by switching to something like an in-tank, walbro 255.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Might be worth changing the fuel pump as well, they are fairly cheap and may help you make power by switching to something like an in-tank, walbro 255.
Ordered this .. hope it right.. never did fuel pump upgrades

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the exact same kit in my GTT Neo so that will be fine. You'll hear it unlike before at idle but thats the only negative.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hasn't been a end yet. Still waiting to do all the fuel parts . Hopeing by the end of October I will have it back on the dyno to finish the tune

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So wiring the new fuel pump into the old wires . Anybody have a safe way of doing this that the wires aren't sitting in gas ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi these wires are designed to be submerged in fuel. Join them with something like this Nylon Butt Splices, in tank or better dr25 heatshrink and an open barrel crimp splice .
Don't forget about the wiring and relay upgrade . Plenty of information on here about it .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi these wires are designed to be submerged in fuel. Join them with something like this Nylon Butt Splices, in tank or better dr25 heatshrink and an open barrel crimp splice .
Don't forget about the wiring and relay upgrade . Plenty of information on here about it .
Thank you.. I'll get the heat shrink connectors for it .

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Urabus99 how did you get on with your tune in the end ? whats the spec of your RB20DET ? Stock RB20DET tuned on Nistune with just 0.9bar peak dropping to 0.8 should see around 210-220whp (around 280-290 at the fly - wing mount) a little bit more with a FMIC. Keep us posted
My set up is just a front mount, turbo elbow, downpipe and exhaust system, 550cc injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump , .. new fuel filter , fuel pressure regulator and bov ( like that matters).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts